The starship Heart of Gold: contains Wolvo, time to move him on

Slartibartfast

To top this distance S80 jobbie We now need a purchasing 'sold as not seen' and collected for purchaser by another shitter on an epic 500 mile LeJog style run, preferably on something costing less than £300 or £400

You've more or less described the Cannock auction roffle game of much doom.

What’s the ice like on this ? Any pop up screens or sat nav?

No, no sat nav or exciting screens. It has the premium sound system with a 6 CD changer built in to the head unit which is pretty cool. This may or may not support MP3, some do and some don't apparently. In addition to the usual four door speakers and tweeters in the A pillars there's a central speaker built in to the dash. I was lead to believe the premium sound system was supposed to come with a sub but mine doesn't. I'd like to fit one at some point. It has complicated Dolby shenanigans and sounds fine at rest but quite harsh at the top end at speed.

The Bluetooth phone connection won't sync with my phone, and it won't let me delete and previously synced phones, it just resets if I try, like it's crashing. This is annoying.

The FM radio sounds OK, and the CD player reads track titles which is pretty cool.

Apparently there's an iPod interface you can fit, And then a Bluetooth doobery you can connect to that which allows you to control it using the steering controls. I may do this if I can be bothered. For now I just use the aux lead.

I’d really miss dab and being able to play stuff directly from my phone . I spend loads f time commuting and listen to a LOT of podcasts. It’s odd this doesn’t have it as the old s80 t6 had a screen that slid out the dash.

You can buy a very oem looking swap out for the 5 series that gives you dab , sat nav and basically an Android tablet in the place of the analog tv tuner that came from the factory .

I’d really miss dab and being able to play stuff directly from my phone . I spend loads f time commuting and listen to a LOT of podcasts. It’s odd this doesn’t have it as the old s80 t6 had a screen that slid out the dash.

You can buy a very oem looking swap out for the 5 series that gives you dab , sat nav and basically an Android tablet in the place of the analog tv tuner that came from the factory .

I can only assume it got specced without it. No front parking sensors, radar cruise control or lane assist either. I was quite looking forward to trying radar cc. Oh well, I guess it'll have to go back.

Just seen this thread. Is this the S80 v8 that was for sale for ages?

If you ever come to sell this, please let me know. This kind of car is right up my street. Especially as I've never done the V8 thing.

The very same. I will probably be looking to sell it in a year or two, I imagine after a while the fuel bills will become impractical. I hope to be selling it in better condition than I got it.

It does need a custom exhaust on it though. Might as well make that burning of petrol work for itself!

Does this have a intake silencer on it? My Laguna had a great big box on the front end of the airbox. Unplugging it released a nice growly sound when driving it hard, but smooth quietness when not. Was good enough for me to not need changing the exhaust to extract a bit of noise.

This happened last night. Partly my fault for parking near, but not IN the shopping centre car park. And for not noticing that my eldest left her bag on the seat. I was gone from the car for all of five minutes.

The worst part? It was unlocked! If he'd tried the driver's door, he could have helped himself to her purse without making a mess.

Oh well. Lessons learned.

e98b89fabf7558cb247a20ac11ba4462.jpg

c6be5acd626cdad4c8fa1698ee180557.jpg

Massive shame this happened, AW did me proud when a pissed up youth took his pent up sexual frustration out on mrs_Stanky's suzuki swift several years back and having done the sums was cheaper to it this way that it would have been had we paid the extra for fully comp cover and paid the windscreen excess. I'd recommend them to anyone on the south coast who needs glass sorting. Nice to encourage a non-national chain too, IMHO.

At least they only smashed a window. Around here they stick a crowbar in between the door and the pillar. Naturally this royally fucks up the door and the body.

I guess they probably smashed the window as it leaves no fingerprints?

At least they only smashed a window. Around here they stick a crowbar in between the door and the pillar. Naturally this royally fucks up the door and the body.

I guess they probably smashed the window as it leaves no fingerprints?

I think it's about speed tbh. Smash and grab can be done in seconds if you're adept I imagine. I suspect he wouldn't have thought of trying the driver's door. The others auto lock so it would look to someone in a hurry that the car was locked.

Ah, shitting hell. Realised tonight that they had my laptop bag out of the back, with my laptop, a load of miscellaneous accessories and a bunch of paperwork. Bollocks.

Also I made an attempt to clear out the glass. I had 30 minutes after I got home from work and didn't make a dent. Also the door handle doesn't work now so the door won't shut. I wonder if some glass has fallen down and jammed it open. Door cards off tomorrow I suppose. Argh.

Ah, shitting hell. Realised tonight that they had my laptop bag out of the back, with my laptop, a load of miscellaneous accessories and a bunch of paperwork. Bollocks.

Also I made an attempt to clear out the glass. I had 30 minutes after I got home from work and didn't make a dent. Also the door handle doesn't work now so the door won't shut. I wonder if some glass has fallen down and jammed it open. Door cards off tomorrow I suppose. Argh.

Thoroughly shit news, I hope that the laptop or any other valuables they took help you you find the pond scum that did it. Time to keep a thorough eye on local for sale pages and second hand shops.

Don't bother taking the door apart, when the guy comes to fit new glass he will have to take it all apart to get the glass in. Use his labour to check the workings and if it is not fixable instantly just get him to leave the door card off - but check the window works before he buggars off!

I don't think you're allowed laminated glass on the side windows are you? Because of emergency rescue.

As I understand it laminated side and rear windows are becoming more common. Certainly on the last shape of Citroen C5 it was a common option on the exclusive models, and pretty much everything high end has it now. Reduces wind noise too.

It may not have been an option on even the top end S80 but I would be surprised if it isn't an option on the new range.