Inter shitty collection

2MB

So far, so good. It’s nice to wonder whether the fuel gauge works from not moving, rather than seeing it drop noticeably every journey. The thing was made for trundling up and down the M62. Fuel economy should have improved after pumping the front tyres up a bit from the 21psi that was in them. Rears still presumably soft as some bright spark has fitted a pair of aluminium dust caps that are now rather well seized on. Period sprayings of release oil don’t seem to be doing much, but I shall persevere a bit more before trying plan B

• 9 months later...

A little update on this, it hasn't seen a drop of diesel since the day I picked it up, and continues to start and drive exactly the same on roughly 95% veg 5% petrol (because winter). Will post a more recent pic when I've bothered to wash it, I'm ashamed to say it has been ever so slightly pineappled.

Averaging 63mpg brim to brim mostly kicking its head in. If you wanted to it could easily top 70mpg, but I'd rather keep up with traffic

A little update on this, it hasn't seen a drop of diesel since the day I picked it up, and continues to start and drive exactly the same on roughly 95% veg 5% petrol (because winter). Will post a more recent pic when I've bothered to wash it, I'm ashamed to say it has been ever so slightly pineappled.

Averaging 63mpg brim to brim mostly kicking its head in. If you wanted to it could easily top 70mpg, but I'd rather keep up with traffic

Only mildly* jealous of those MPGs and your likely performance stats Vs my Merc!

• 1 year later...

Would anyone be in need of this before I put it up for sale properly? It has been faultless apart from the voltage regulator on the alternator packing up. £14 fix. I need to fit the new front pads I’ve bought for it and repair the blowing exhaust, and it has a bit broken off the front panel under the headlights and a snapped window winder. It has been the most dependable car I’ve ever owned but I can’t justify keeping it with our third child on the way. Will take a pic when I go outside but it looks like this with a bit less filth 

75E3BC38-454A-41EB-8B39-437F32407D92.jpeg

I was thinking to do the few jobs and put it up for about £750 in the usual places, but prices seem to be all over the place. I can’t think of a cheaper way of getting about apart from cycling, which incidentally is how I commute now. Even so, there’s not much in it, tax is £30 a year and it does 60+mpg on veg