Most insulting offer you have ever had?

Bren

My mate's dad had a Fiat Uno with a borked gearbag, he put it in the Yellow Paper for a token amount, 50 sheets or something, a guy turned up and offered him zero pounds for it, he said he was doing him a favor in taking it off his hands.

“Scraps real low at the moment mate, they’ll charge you to take it away”

See also: theshadow

My mate's dad had a Fiat Uno with a borked gearbag, he put it in the Yellow Paper for a token amount, 50 sheets or something, a guy turned up and offered him zero pounds for it, he said he was doing him a favor in taking it off his hands.

There was a time when scrap was on its arse and they were charging to take cars from people. I got a fiesta from a neighbour with a big box of beer in the boot as I had saved them a few quid. It ended on the oval but I made a few quid on the bits I took off.

Been said before ...but I've had the "you've wasted my time as I have come 200 miles and it's not the shade of blue you described in the ad so therefore I should be able to take for virtually free" approach. Though I think people here have had demands (with menaces) for 'petrol money' from some chancers.

Been said before ...but I've had the "you've wasted my time as I have come 200 miles and it's not the shade of blue you described in the ad so therefore I should be able to take for virtually free" approach. Though I think people here have had demands (with menaces) for 'petrol money' from some chancers.

Had some prick come from Liverpool to Cheltenham to view a Land Rover S3 that I described as needing trailering. He was expecting to drive it home and got real shitty when he realised how shit the brakes were because he “had to drive his kids around in it”

Absolute fucking stroker.

Has anyone tried the "I did want £450 for the car but, just for you, I'll raise it to £650 for the aggro" approach?

Some of these stories remind me of my brother's Lancia Delta Hf Turbo. Or the Fuckwit Magnet, as it shall forever be known.

A nice car but with the usual flaky brown issues.

Anyway, during our time of ownership (he eventually sold it to me when running costs became prohibitive), it had paint poured over it, a huge scratch scored across the driver's side, and one or two other minor acts of malice occurred.

Eventually he advertised it in Autotrader. The phone rang one night around 10pm and my dad answered. The conversation went something like this:

Dad: 'Hello?'

Terry Fuckwit: 'If that car is for sale tomorrow I'm going to come round there with a shotgun and (mumbles) something something something.'

Dad: (Incredulous silence).

A good start.

Eventually someone more normal came to look. A supercilious, stuck up little tit, as it happens.

'It's the sort of car one buys for £500 and throws away six months later.' he said.

'Fuck off, you obnoxious little bastard.' we wanted to say, but didn't, of course.

The little twat didn't even buy it, despite my brother lowering his asking price dramatically.

A few months later I bought the car and then realised I should not have done this silly thing.

It went for scrap soon after.

The weirdly entitled fuckwit who expected me to GIVE HIM the 605 I was selling because his business partner stole all his money.

Followed by the bloke who 'won' it and wanted to collect on Christmas Eve.

Followed by the charming and helpful replies on here.

I scrapped it in the end, but not before I went round every panel with a peen hammer twisting them so no-one could take parts off it.

Not car related, but many years ago in a hotel bar an overly made up, but underdressed lady came and sat next to me. She offered to drink champagne with me for £20, she seemed most put out when I told her it would cost her a lot more than that.

As a penniless student in the 1980's I got the train from Coventry where I was at Polytechnic to Brum where the woman who is now my wife was a student nurse.

I was so tight fisted, that I walked down the Pershore road to her shared house near Edgebaston Cricket ground. She wasn't back from work and it was a hot day so I walked up the road to the nearest shop to spend my last 50p on a can of pop.

As I walked up the road a woman asked me if I was "looking for business" - She seemed put out when I said something similar.

Yes

Had it when selling my Charade. I think I wanted £600 for it at the time.

Twat messages via FB: "Will you take £300?"

Me: 'Yeah.'

Me: 'Yeah, when you come to pick it up, go to the cash point and get £300.'

Him: "Yes, and -"

Me: 'Then, go back to the cash point and get £300 out for a second time.'