2019 Stan Woods Memorial - A GGG Climate Improvement Appeal (CIA)

Junkman

I went after debating the weather,took a chance but the forecasters were right,it pissed down all day and add on the wind chill factor made it hard work,I was soaked to the skin by heat 3,there were some great cars racing and the drivers put on a good show considering the abysmal conditions,the fact that an Austin a125 sheerline won the 1st heat and a wolselely 6/110 the 2nd heat made my day,just wishing for decent weather next year.

From what I saw on Ovalchat,a lot of cars were turned away as too many turned up to race & there wasn't enough room in the pits.

Not factually correct. Nobody who wasn't offered a booking turned up but as the promoter reduced pit space by turning the area behind the main stand into a spectator car park and hence reducing the available pit space. As a result there wasnt enough pit space for all the cars that were offered  a booking. We travelled 190 miles, arriving at 12.50 (over 2 hours before the meeting started) were told that the pits were full and that we couldnt race. Rather than stay and pay to watch we turned round and came home. Total farce which cost us over £100 in diesel. 

Not factually correct. Nobody who wasn't offered a booking turned up but as the promoter reduced pit space by turning the area behind the main stand into a spectator car park and hence reducing the available pit space. As a result there wasnt enough pit space for all the cars that were offered  a booking. We travelled 190 miles, arriving at 12.50 (over 2 hours before the meeting started) were told that the pits were full and that we couldnt race. Rather than stay and pay to watch we turned round and came home. Total farce which cost us over £100 in diesel. 

Thanks for clearing that up,shame you had a wasted(expensive)trip  :-(

Take it to PM please, gents.

Ok I was out of order but it really gets on my wick when people assume that banger racers are responsible for every theft of a classic ford. I was also pissed off because some low life targeted the wagons/vans that stayed overnight on Friday at the premier inn. They took loads of snap on gear/ power tools, stihl saws etc. I believe that Lee Clarke from Shite Knights yard lost quite a lot of stuff. Wonder who did that? Probably banger racers eh sierraman?

That's shit news man. Sorry to hear it. Stealing tools is low. Sounds like nobody had a good weekend.

If slagging each other off on here is making folk feel better, sound. If it's just making folk feel even more angry and frustrated then it's probs counterproductive. That anger might be better directed at the actual car theives/tool thieves rather than at fellow shitters on a daft internet forum.

We've got more in common than we have differences of opinion. Hopefully.