£9 a ticket - the BEST modernshite MPV (2003 Espace 2.0)

r.welfare

As written about extensively here: http://autoshite.com/topic/24951-2003-renault-espace-iv-71-motd-again-lovely/

A chance purchase puts this KING OF MINIVANS up for roffle for the price of two pints (at Southern Softy prices) - will be going on Gumtree @ £795. A great opportunity to snag one with all the faults fixed. Probably better than it was new, perhaps.

post-28-0-21405600-1521484494_thumb.jpg

(Old pic - it has a full complement of wheeltrims now. More pictures to come when I've cleaned it)

What's good:

• It’s the simplest engine (which still pulls well through the 6-speed gearbox and has given me 29MPG) and specification, so less to go wrong – but you still have lots of equipment, including ice-cold dual-zone climate control and it all works (except the front passenger door lock)
  • MOT until 1 Feb 2019
  • 116,000 miles
  • I’ve serviced it regularly in the 20,000 miles I've had it and spent lots (like £2,500) on it – new cambelt, water pump, dephaser pulley, auxiliary belt, crankshaft pulley, radiator, air conditioning condenser, track rods, tie rods, gearbox oil, front suspension arms, drop links, brake pads (all round) and brake discs (front). Previous owner replaced the clutch, dual mass flywheel, rear calipers and offside suspension springs
  • Matched set of Kumho tyres with 5mm tread
  • All five rear seats can be slid forwards or backwards, folded down or taken out completely, leaving a huge loading area. If you can’t fit it inside, there are built-in roof rails to strap it to the top
  • ISOFIX and three-point belts on all five rear seats
  • Full tank of petrol! (at the moment - being used still)
What's not:
  • The bodywork and interior are in good condition overall, but there are a few small dents and scratches outside
  • Inside the picnic tables are missing from the back of the front seats and the headlining has a few small rips
  • Only one keycard (works perfectly though)
  • Clutch pedal squeaks
Located near Reading, RG7 postcode (15 mins Junction 11 M4 or Junction 6 M3). Alternatively I can collect the winner/buyer from either Basingstoke or Reading station. In fact during the week the car's parked in central Reading.

Price drop to save me from Gumtree dreamers, e.g:

- Gumtree woman: £500 cash x

- Me: £600 and it's a deal

- Gumtree woman: only got £500

- Me: OK but no messing and quick, when can you collect

- Gumtree woman: In Southampton, if I get a lend of £20 can u deliver

- Me: if you borrow £20 you can get a train ticket to Basingstoke and I will collect you from the station

- Gumtree woman: .....

Full asking price too (all hail the free Autotrader listings for cars under a grand), to a bloke 200yds up the road with a dead one on his drive who says he used to be a Renner master tech! I hope it does him well.

Collection of my next car involves going to the office car park tomorrow as I've bought the last of our pool cars, but as it's a boring modern diesel VW box I shan't sully the forum by posting about it.