Honest Ruff's Used Car Pitch (17/03; Focus Estate & Berlingo M/Space)

ruffgeezer

Thought I'd keep what occupies my lunch breaks all in the one thread, I have been very busy the last few months bringing these two (and the Audi, for sale as soon as a replacement V70 arrives) up to scratch.

First up, a rather dashing Mk1 Focus Estate, State blue 125k (I think, I will check when the snow passes over) OIRO £600

• 1.6 16v Zetec
  • Alloy Wheels
  • A/c
  • Heated front screen
  • Both keys & remote locking
  • Full Mot
  • Massive boot

I have given the car a minor service, stripped and rebuilt the front brakes and put a good pair of budget tyres on the front. It has covered under 1000 miles in the last couple of years and is still a little musty inside, it would make a cracking workhorse or boot sale bus for someone.

I shall add more pictures once I have had a chance to clean it properly, but right now it's snowing sideways so it'll have to wait.

post-2711-0-79684000-1521324621_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-32017600-1521324639_thumb.jpg

Next up is a slightly dogeared Berlingo Multispace, it's the 1.9 dw8 engine, and has covered 151k £650 OVNO

• Remote locking & both keys
  • Electric windows
  • Cd player
  • Errm...
  • Big boot

I've given it an interim service, a new spring, replaced the master cylinder and the brake fluid, new front discs & pads, put 2 part worn tyres on the front, done the tracking and am now in the process of giving it a through clean inside and out.

Faults that i'm aware of are that the RH mirror is damaged, the scuff on the LHR quarter panel, the engine is quite oily (most of them are, but I always mention these things up front). It is due a cam belt at the next service due to age.

post-2711-0-17191300-1521324929_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-13638300-1521324941_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-85478800-1521324952_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-37617900-1521324960_thumb.jpg

I am located in South Lincolnshire, close to either Boston or Lincoln for public transport access.

Any questions, please ask.

Guest Reedo

Hi, my name is Ian and I'm wanting to restart my career of collecting/driving potential tat. Have you any more pictures of the Focus please? Ta.

Guest Reedo

Yep, that looks like a bit of me. I need a couple of days to sort out the logistics of getting time off work and finding my way to Lincolnshire (Im in County Durham). 

I can take it to work with me to put it near Lincoln station if that helps any?

I think the scuff on the rear bumper will come off but I didn't have any tcut to hand to try it.

There is still almost a full tank of fuel with it, but I would recommend running it to half and refilling with fresh or 98Ron as it is likely stale.

Guest Reedo

Sounds good. I need to sort a couple of things out first (work, and time off work), will have a deffo answer in a day or two as to when/if I can come and get it.

• 2 weeks later...

With the collection due for today on the Berlingo, last week I replaced the niggly drop link and the brake flexihose as the car had previously had issues this side and it was the only component on the hydraulic side that I hadn't replaced or rebuilt.

post-2711-0-15162000-1522833386_thumb.jpg

Also added the most important final touch;

post-2711-0-13507600-1522833438_thumb.jpg