Citroen ZX 1.9d in Reading....ROFFLING!!....RAFFLE DRAWN - WATCH VIDEO FOR VERDICT!! :)

Wingz123

Had no need for the car and no where to put it, but feel really disappointed I didn't win it for some reason.

Great way to draw the winner of the roffle. I need to get rid of the AX in a few weeks - perhaps something along the same lines but getting a (proper) celebrity to pick the winner.

I'm just trying to think of other ways of doing a roffle.

- I quite liked the method used at SF16 where the names of the entrants were written on the tyre (in appropriate sizes of segments according to how many tickets they had bought), then the car was jacked up and taken up to speed, then left to freewheel down. There was a stick mounted on the wheel arch and wherever it landed won, wheel of fortune style.

- Fill a bag with 60 ping pong balls (with the numbers written on them), then drive the car being roffled over the bag. The one that lands furthest away is the winner.

- Another bag-of-ping-pong-balls idea. Put the bag over the exhaust of the roffle car and rev it until the bag pops. The ball that lands furthest away wins.

I had another ping pong ball related idea.

60 ping pong balls thrown into the car. Drive the car around a short course with some tight corners and some bumps.

Then get somebody else, while blindfolded, to root around inside the car. The first ping pong ball they find wins.

To update....

Hpi_matrix will be receiving his new steed later this evening......Having loaded her up onto the back of my truck (did try recording a last drive in her and loading her up but bloody iphone has run out of storage so got about 2 and a half minutes in and it stopped......I haven't the patience to try again and shes on the back now.

Hopefully some further updates from Hpi_matrix in due course.....for tonight I go to collect another automobile!.....will post a thread later.....

Ciao