1994 Rover Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel £150 Aberdeenshire

Saabnut

Up for sale here is my mates Rover Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel. I do not know a great deal about it, and if you want more details ask and I will do my best to get answers, but it may take time. My friend bougy this about 4 years ago, after it had been parked up for a few years. It was MOTed and used daily before the dreaded OMGHGF took it off the road again. The head was removed and a new gasket fitted, at which point a family emergency dragged him away. A few days later, he returned to it but forgot he had not torqued down the head. Needless to say, about 4 miles into the test run, it failed, and it was trailered back home to be repaired. The purchase of another house project saw it sit, and today it was delivered to mine for storage/sale as he has sold the house it was stored at.

It is going rusty in the usual Maestro places (bottom of tailgaye has duct tape, bottom of OS doors are crusty, and the rear arches are starting to go, although I have seen much worse). Underneath my friend says it is very solid, but it will need a couple of headlights (or some bacofoil) for MOT as the silvering is doing the usual disappearing act. The inside looks like it will clean up fairly well, and at 110k ish miles is low mileage. Apart from the headgasket, my friend says mechanically it is strong.

If it does not sell, then I may be tempted to do the head gasket, find a pair of headlights, apply more duct tape and MOT it, but the price will go up considerably. I would rather not do this as I MAY have too many projects, so please buy this! Located near Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, you will need a trailer. Poor pictures attached as it was almost dark when it arrived, I will get better ones later.

post-5203-0-91312300-1520621774_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-33662800-1520621834_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-93666400-1520621922_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-80403200-1520621990_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-73731500-1520622057_thumb.jpg