E36 323i Touring LIVE COLECION

Yeah. Got the call just now for an S reg 323i Auto Touring for £notalot. New Goodyears and lots of useful bits of it’s NFG. Silver, aircon etc. So I’m at Sheffield Grand Central Station awaiting the 18.49 to Notts somewhere. Listening to the various cancellations and lame excuses.

Oh, it's not got aircon. 

Well that was easy. Paid eh man, set off and his place was 1 mile from M1 J24. Cruised along at 70, just got back.

Shockingly, there's no air con on a 1/99 323i SE. Sounds like the PAS pump or alternator is goosed. Very wandery on the front end. Steering quite heavy - might be leaking, causing the PAS pump to be noisy. Will know tomorrow.

Lovely black leather in superb nick. No radio. 2000 rpm is 75 mph. Liking that a lot. It's scabby here and there but it's nearly 20 years old. Loads of history (Cat decided to sit on it) , four nearly new Goodyears. Big box of new spares - bushes, front wishbones, rear track control arms etc. Everything seems to work.

£250.

I'll know tomorrow whether this is viable as the next daily shitter, but I do like it.

post-3069-0-10708300-1520544411_thumb.jpg

post-3069-0-32882900-1520544489_thumb.jpg

post-3069-0-92146100-1520544640_thumb.jpg

post-3069-0-92728700-1520544683_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I have a thing for E36's. To me it's the last thing they made that was designed and built so it could be repaired. Real thought went into it whereas the design of the E46 often borders on insanity. 

I could sell the engine and make a profit straight away, and put the black leather in my 318i but a 170 bhp six with a five speed auto is a bit more appealing.

Thanks. I have a thing for E36's. To me it's the last thing they made that was designed and built so it could be repaired. Real thought went into it whereas the design of the E46 often borders on insanity. 

I could sell the engine and make a profit straight away, and put the black leather in my 318i but a 170 bhp six with a five speed auto is a bit more appealing.

Agreed. These have none of the brittleness associated with a contemporary BMW. They wear very well - if you are prepared to invest a bit of time and money they still are a good steed.

Looks great man, a keeper? I remember sitting in those in the import/export garages my Dad's mates used own in Brussels, they really are nice, particularly the Tourers. Must get myself one if I am ever to actually have some money to buy one, which at the moment, seems like never.

Touring young Man, Touring

E36's are running out, slowly. Nearly 20 years since the last one was built. I'd love an utterly mint one to rustproof and keep forever but realistically, no.

Did you get your 318i running? I was going to PM you.