Mercedes roffle **collected**

Jim Bell

Undertray is a bit wet, suspect coolant leak.

Expansion tank a bit rusty coloured on inspection.

Ah.  

It feels like I'm constantly apologising for this old girl, but these two issues aren't mutually exclusive - of that I'm sure.

I'm 100% confident that, when I got the car, it was running on pure h20 without the merest suggestion of anti-freeze.  I drew quite a bit of water out of the header tank because I was concerned about the rusty colour.  It was absolutely crystal clear. 

With temperatures set to plummet, and with literally 10 minutes spare, I removed one of the hoses to drain out a lot of the water so that I could replace it with fresh blue coolant - as, at the time, it was the only road going car I had.  The last thing I wanted it to do was to seize up.  Had I used the drain tap and some hose, I'm 99.9% confident you wouldn't have fluid in your undertray (fnar fnar).  

That's, obviously, not a warranty to the next buyer!  Things may have moved on since I had the car at the start of the year - but I remember looking into the engine thinking "I wonder if there's a hole at the lowest part of the tray".

I can only apologise for my shoddy workmanship.  However, it was about 2 degrees and I was suited and booted.