Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

6 hours ago, EML said:

Screenshot_20210429-174623_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ae2f12f82ab34f189887942674e758fc.jpgScreenshot_20210429-174649_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9e53843872e7f385862e50d4347ec3b8.jpg

These were on a vehicle for sale on Faceache, I don't think I would have taken the time to photograph such utter tat

I'd be less concerned about the tires than I'd be about the state of the wheels

On 5/1/2021 at 12:58 PM, Sham said:

I always walk away from a car for sale where maintenance has been done in the cheapest possible way. Cheap tyres are the first sign of someone who doesn't care about the car.

Yep I agree however I did buy one with super cheap and long life tyres and they were removed very swiftly - four contact patches smaller than the palm of your hand is all that keeps you on the road - you don't need to buy Michelin Pilot Sport 4's but there is a world of difference between tyres at the bottom and middle of the marketplace

On 06/05/2021 at 16:07, Bstardchild said:

Yep I agree however I did buy one with super cheap and long life tyres and they were removed very swiftly - four contact patches smaller than the palm of your hand is all that keeps you on the road - you don't need to buy Michelin Pilot Sport 4's but there is a world of difference between tyres at the bottom and middle of the marketplace

My tactic, which seems to have worked so far, is to buy the cheapest tyres from a brand I've heard of.

Thus, the 316i is on Kumho Ecowings and the Saab is on a set of Avon something or others that turned out to be A-rated for wet grip. Both cars ended up being under £200 per full set.

23 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

My tactic, which seems to have worked so far, is to buy the cheapest tyres from a brand I've heard of.

Thus, the 316i is on Kumho Ecowings and the Saab is on a set of Avon something or others that turned out to be A-rated for wet grip. Both cars ended up being under £200 per full set.

I tend to favour Uniroyals & Kumho as a general rule - however I've recently had to purchase Falken and  Hankook (because I cannot get anything other than those in the right matched tyre combo for two of my cars)

I have run Bridgestones but they always seem very stiff walled, Goodyear EG's (incredibly soft walled - way worse than Uniroyals)