Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

I've got a spare Alto wheel with a Linglong on it, a confidence inspiring name they make not. To be fair not all Chinese tyres are dodgy, I ran a set of GT Radial Champiro HPY's up until this very afternoon, they were pretty decent in the dry, okay in the wet but I was still annoyed when I found out that they were Chinese. Put a set of four Goodyear Efeccient Grip Compact's on today so we'll see if they Chinese have caught up to the West yet.

Do they still sell 'Fate' tyres? As in it's your fate that you'll end up backwards in a ditch?!

My pal had 'Road Champ' tyres on his Nova, which became known as Road Chumps, obvs :D

I was going to say 'Fate' tyres too - doesn't give you much confidence does it!

And what about Linglongs?  This sounds like someone with no imagination is just taking the piss.

There is an impressively well painted and signwritten road vacuum tanker about with Double Happiness tyres fitted, could you honestly?, even if the bastards were free you really couldn't.

Double happiness do a lot of remoulded for coaches.

A lot of the shit brands get bought out by the big outfits then quality improves dramatically. Arrowspeed are produced by Michelin i think for Kwik Fit.

I was idly flicking through car ads when I saw one for a brand new discovery 'improved' by Khan Automobiles. I couldn't help but notice the 22" rims were shod with Achilles tyres! Mind you, Nangkang started out as a joke brand and now they're stretched over 9j wheels on dubs everywhere. It's a shrewd move to bring out a shit tyre in a ridiculous size that undercuts the price of the trusted brands; there's a huge market for them. But Achilles for fucks sake, who approved that name? Not really up on me Greek mythology but I'm pretty sure his downfall was caused by the bit that connected him to the ground

Just walking round the depot... Kormoran, Rockstone, Hanksugi, Sailun, Doublestar, Double Happiness, Doublecoin, Torque, Longmarch, Antyre, Fullrun, Agate, Lassa, Barum, Hifly, GTRadial, Basoon, Winrun, BCT, NextTread... we generally run Bandag remoulds on the drive axle and whatever shit we can get on the steers.

Just walking round the depot... Kormoran, Rockstone, Hanksugi, Sailun, Doublestar, Double Happiness, Doublecoin, Torque, Longmarch, Antyre, Fullrun, Agate, Lassa, Barum, Hifly, GTRadial, Basoon, Winrun, BCT, NextTread... we generally run Bandag remoulds on the drive axle and whatever shit we can get on the steers.

You got Basoons as well? I'd never heard of them until I had a tipper a couple of years ago with a few of them on the back bogie: absolute and utter shite, that needed the difflocks on to climb the blaes bing at Kirkliston. In the dry.

Had most of those with Pollock's, when they didn't give a shit what was fitted to the trailers (although the GT's aren't too bad actually). Usually they stick to Conti or Michelin for the units, but the POS MAN I had last night, had Infinity brand on the front, and a couple of Windpower on the drive axle. This led to much hilarity* during the torrential rain on the A1 through the night.

I've got Landsails on the front of the V70, 'cos I'm perenially skint. They're not all that bad. I've had worse.

Seeing as I've witnessed CMS's Kia camper conversion, here's an appropriate one: there's a whole album of pictures of crap tyres beyond that link, feel free to have a browse. I'll have a few more to put in once I clear my phone.

Goodride.jpg

Aren't they called 'Fate -O' tyres?

Fate O

post-3880-0-46189700-1438240409_thumb.jpg

Fatti O (made by "Electra") bicycle tyres for "Cruisers"

post-3880-0-44495300-1438240545_thumb.jpg

Grip levels look about the same..

I just remembered "Chengshan" tyres from years ago (it caused Great* Amusement in our garage because I worked with a Mr Cheng) who now produce the fantastic sounding "Chengshan Sportscat" that sound perfect for a XJ-S!

*you had to be there.. we all had a good giggle that day.