Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

7 hours ago, Jamie said:

The gap widens as you go bigger/lower profile. 

Pour examplé 

265 30 19 rear tyre for my bmw 

Landsail £64 

Michelin pilot sport5 £219

True but with bigger /lower profile , normally comes more power. That’s a massive difference , makes you wonder how they are that cheap. 265 is a seriously wide tyre for serious power. Not sure I’d trust them.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Missy Charm said:

How about a Royal Black?  The Royal Mile range is guaranteed not to fall apart within the first 1,760 yards of driving.  

image.png

They're round black and ok on the Astra K, all ditches avoided so far. Although we do get an extra 1.5mpg now I've swapped to ContiEcoContact 6's on the front.

Down to about 4mm in 12000 miles

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to derail this thread slightly, but I've been negotiating terms on a shipment of track-only 195/50R15 tyres to come in direct from China. 

Because I'm meeting the MOQ of 500 tyres in the quotes, for an extra £0.53 per tyre, I can remove the "Zeknova RS606" brand/model, and have my own. 

Don't suppose any of you in this thread fancy making some suggestions? 

2 hours ago, GarageOfLuke said:

Sorry to derail this thread slightly, but I've been negotiating terms on a shipment of track-only 195/50R15 tyres to come in direct from China. 

Because I'm meeting the MOQ of 500 tyres in the quotes, for an extra £0.53 per tyre, I can remove the "Zeknova RS606" brand/model, and have my own. 

Autoshyte for the win. 

3 hours ago, GarageOfLuke said:

Trackshite? 🤔

4 hours ago, GarageOfLuke said:

Dunlap Penultimate  

7 hours ago, GarageOfLuke said:

Yustabee Marigolds

Ringo Fire

Chipsun Gray V

Squirelly Bastid

Turbot Fishter

Not derailing at all, the thread has been down that rabbit hole at least once;

On 3/5/2018 at 4:25 AM, PhilA said:

Going back a few posts though, there should be a trade. China should be in the receiving end of Swindon Special Rain Grip or Prestatyn Happy Fun Lobster tyres in payment for the names we get.

Phil

On 3/23/2018 at 5:33 AM, somewhatfoolish said:

"Most Winning Lucky Slide"

"Abrupt Release Hoop"

"Doom Circle"

"Gyrate Bobbin"

"Wobbly Castor"

"Slaughter Orbit"

≤ 0" or "Mu Zero" if that's too subtle