Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 6:00 PM, willswitchengage said:

There you go. An actual tyre factory in the UK.

image.thumb.png.0213cb3381105dc6a540ad58d279a1b5.png

I believe there's still that Pirelli place in Carlisle, a Michelin factory in Dundee, the aeroplane tyres factory in Birmingham and they must have something at the Avon site in Melksham. Motorbike tyres maybe and those for premium cars?

The Michelin factory in Dundee closed in 2020. 
Have we had Saferich yet?

9AEC0DD9-18C1-43AB-AE75-32392463CD88.jpeg

When I bought my (fVWSH) Lupo last year it had a complete mismatch of tyres fitted, although there was a pair of Constancys up front.  Also a Tracmax  Privilo TX2 with added lightning bolts. Not sure if we've had that one before.  Dated 2017.  Turns out the old dear I bought it from went back to the main dealer every year for a minimal service (netting her a free MOT for the lifetime of the car) then armed with the long list of advisories found the cheapest places to get the work done. 

IMG_20220424_185630.jpg

IMG_20220424_185658.jpg

IMG_20220424_185652.jpg

I had to get budgets fitted to my old Civic in a hurry and Roadcruzas were what it got. Never had any problems in the wet with them and the 2.2 diesel was pretty quick.

I also had Constancy tyres on the front of my Clio 172 when I got it, safe to say they got changed out pretty quick for Falkens!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

20220524_095900.jpg

Major Malaysian tyre manufacturer apparently. I'm hoping to do a pub quiz one day where one of the rounds is Tyre manufacturers of the World.

Which of the following is not a genuine brand of tyres? Is it A. Roadstone, B. Joyroad, C. Fate or D. Ladyboy?