Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

On 29/08/2021 at 22:46, Skut said:

Just removed this from a daily. Not particularly funny but definitely a bit daft. Wet grip traction was appalling. 

8D0429CA-9E85-40B1-B9C0-AA60FAAFEEE4.thumb.jpeg.318d6d92a027cdc7ad7f1da89e3e1a74.jpeg

Also these things which have a dull name but have writing on the tread which I’ve not seen before. 

F1228D9A-B3AE-43C1-9FF2-3D06C342E02B.thumb.jpeg.a2c380a04652676016e31f8d6cb06bf5.jpeg

A30D518E-E939-4E4F-B05D-4FDFDCC13AB0.thumb.jpeg.7440ff381bc8c9d55fb5e4048b5c1cc1.jpeg

Landsail have writing on the centre rib*

*Tyre wide enough for such a thing......

** ToMM© Yes... SuziQ No...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

More truck tyre goodness! Can’t think of a name? Use you’re ex girlfriend’s name! 

Kelly Springfield (to give her her full name) is now going out with Goodyear. They're an American company, taken over by Goodyear in 1999.

They are responsible for the massive pile of burning tyres seen in the US fly on the wall documentary 'The Simpsons'.

(the burning tyre bit may not be true)

On 9/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, phil_lihp said:

Due to a cockup with deliveries at my local fitters, my new-to-me mk1 Honda CR-V had to have whatever they could lay their hands on in the right size.  That means it's now wearing a set of Blacklions...new one on me and they were super cheap, I was a bit put out at first but actually apart from being a bit noisy, they're actually pretty good, plenty of grip at least and they seem to get OK reviews online.  We'll see how they manage longer term, I guess.  It's not like I'll be taking it to track days, after all.

Having done a few miles in them now, I can confirm that in the dry, they are adequate.  In the wet, they are terrible.  Do not recommend.  Should have gone with the Yokohamas!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, junkyarddog said:

Another "premium" German motor car wearing an iffy brand.

Petlas!

Petlas - made in Turkey. Petlas were founded to overcome the trade embargo after Turkey's invasion of Cyprus in 1974. The armed forces of Turkey were hit hard by the embargo and Petlas' first products were aeroplane tyres for the air force.

There is an historic precedence of Turkey and Germany working together.

4 hours ago, Daviemck2006 said:

Apollo, as fitted to my Van's front end last week. I must be going to the moon!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I used to work in Germany a lot and almost every car has big name brand tyres. Apollo was the only exception, I'm assuming they have fairly strict tyre regs there so they must be OK..?

2021-12-23_07-29-21.jpg

1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

I used to work in Germany a lot and almost every car has big name brand tyres. Apollo was the only exception, I'm assuming they have fairly strict tyre regs there so they must be OK..?

2021-12-23_07-29-21.jpg

Think they have to have matching sets of tyres. Unlike us, who can put a happygallop, ginyu, stargazer and 1 original Dunlop ditch finder on each corner. Kinda makes sense that each part of the car has the same amount of grip.