Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

On 7/18/2021 at 12:51 AM, catsinthewelder said:

After a slight cock up I ran the 405 for a few months recently on one of those that's supposed to be the spare.  Mine says made in Yugoslavia on though 😂

I'd Jupiter tyres on the rears of my Audi when I bought it. 

They had no date code on them but they were made in Yugoslavia. Which at least gave a rough date 🤣

21 hours ago, bunglebus said:

20210804_151231.jpg

Sumitomo tyres are made by the 5th largest tyre manufacturer in the world, Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Sumitomo also make Dunlop and Falken tyres. They are not shite.

Ironically Dunlop UK founded Japans first tyre factory just before the first world war. This became Sumitomo who broke away from Dunlop and then later on bought out what was left of the original Dunlop. 

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst I was out and about today,I saw an Aldi parked outside the local filling stations shop,what drew my attention to it was the fact it was parked right outside the fucking door,as if it would be too much of a chore for the cunt to walk more than 3 feet to get in to purchase cheap crisps, fags and cider,but I digress. 

My eyes wandered as they often do,to the tyres this finely maintained conveyance wore.

Headking they proudly displayed,now I was quite a way from this fine piece of German engineering, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said.

A wee bit of googling later...and yes a new name of death ring has been discovered. 

I give you the Headking!

215_55.17kapsen-scaled.thumb.jpg.0a84bcf01c8aa4cf8a272d1a26d3442b.jpg

On 05/08/2021 at 12:39, martc said:

Sumitomo tyres are made by the 5th largest tyre manufacturer in the world, Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Sumitomo also make Dunlop and Falken tyres. They are not shite.

Sumitomo also make/made brake systems,i have their kit fitted to the rear of my Subaru Brat.

20210813_153041_001.thumb.jpg.0d4c0534dff2e9b450ecd4c8ce4e5418.jpg

But unfortunately while its been left standing their wheel cylinder has let go and leaked out all over my nearly new shoes...

Due to a cockup with deliveries at my local fitters, my new-to-me mk1 Honda CR-V had to have whatever they could lay their hands on in the right size.  That means it's now wearing a set of Blacklions...new one on me and they were super cheap, I was a bit put out at first but actually apart from being a bit noisy, they're actually pretty good, plenty of grip at least and they seem to get OK reviews online.  We'll see how they manage longer term, I guess.  It's not like I'll be taking it to track days, after all.

They were fitted to replace a cracked and perished set of mismatched budgets, including a Windforce which had split open inside the tread to the point it was leaking air, despite having a 2019 date code - so  they're definitely an improvement.  I had 3 new ones and kept the single nearly brand new one - so I also have an Austone, which even the tyre fitter had never heard of.