Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

6 hours ago, Andrew353w said:

Semprit tyres were manufactured in Poland (I think!) and were fitted as O.E. to FSOs, which explained their somewhat "wayward" handling... I had a FSO many years ago, and after re-shoeing with a set of Michellins it drove beautifully!

Semeprit are an Austrian company (now owned by Continental), the factory is in Traiskirchen, I don't think they have had factories outside Austria, but I'm prepared to be corrected! 'Alpine Proven' is apt and true.

Phun Phact - Semperit is from the Latin semper it  meaning 'it always runs'.

• 3 weeks later...
Semeprit are an Austrian company (now owned by Continental), the factory is in Traiskirchen, I don't think they have had factories outside Austria, but I'm prepared to be corrected! 'Alpine Proven' is apt and true.
Phun Phact - Semperit is from the Latin semper it  meaning 'it always runs'.
Had a factory in Dublin Ireland until the early 2000s. Great tyre although sidewalls were a little soft, definitely not a budget brand

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2020 at 8:29 AM, petermchugh79 said:

Had a factory in Dublin Ireland until the early 2000s. Great tyre although sidewalls were a little soft, definitely not a budget brand

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Agreed,Semperit tyres are definitely not death rings, they are decent tyre,used them on my Mondeo for a few years.

Talking of death rings.......Charmhoo?20210114_150423.thumb.jpg.81df7b59a997db9f9c8d3b1f26af0a05.jpg

Spotted today on an Opel Insignia. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maxxo said:

What are Nexen tyres like?

going to pick up a C5 as soon as this lockdown eases and it's been fitted with a new set of Nexens

Had Nexens on my discovery when I bought it in 2016, about 1/3 worn. Only put new tyres on in September and that was because 1 front was getting a little low. 25k miles ish. Very impressed with them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, martc said:

Orium tyres are owned by Michelin, but in the 70's were in partnership with BF Goodrich, information regarding their origin is very hard to find - they are made in a 'European factory founded in 1935'. There's a video of the very modern looking factory on Orium's website and it's got the look of southern Europe to me - perhaps a former eastern bloc factory? Being in league with the filthy capitalists at Goodrich in the 70's suggests it could be somewhere in the former Yugoslavia rather than one of the 'harder' Peoples Republics.

https://passenger-car.orium-tyres.com/history/

Shirley these are really Irish; O'Rium tyres? :D 

These are an absolute steal, and the reviews are actually quite positive surprisingly. Decent wet grip as well.
Aren't these the ones supplied exclusively by National Tyres? I'm sure I had a full set on the 75 after reading reviews. Good tyres at a reasonable price from what I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...