Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

On 3/20/2020 at 7:16 AM, martc said:

HiLo - refers to the air pressure retention in relation to the owners manual. Also, coincidently, the accuracy of the equally cheap tyre pressure gauge purchased at the same time.

Or, does it reference the mental state of the owner. Hi cos it's a bargain init M8 saved loadsa bunga, lo when recovering the car from a ditch.

They're only allowed to be used in Hawaii.

Found this on the back of my latest Panda when I got it home. Name doesn't sound too bad but some of the rest of the writing doesn't inspire confidence.... Other side was a pretty respectable Kumho which was more promising until I noticed it was a different size to the other 3. Honestly, what some people do to their cars!

20200915_154504.jpg

20200915_154512.jpg

Only real photo i have of the tyres on the picasso when i got it

this was a "dextero"

it did a 5 mile journey to a tyre place to be replaced straight away, being driven extremely carefully

i just don't understand how people can let their tyres get this bad, my fronts are almost at 3mm and they will be getting replaced in the next 2 weeks

image.thumb.png.81ef92f065ab97c4296bf857232341d8.png

On 9/18/2020 at 10:53 PM, maxxo said:

month or so back i went on a date, i was acting like a normal person

that was.......until i spotted a linglong! i got all excited

might have to start looking for the daft names, i know for certain my neighbours 2010 nissan note has some interesting ones

119862589_250860686179265_7559190651359116960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=PMXttqNU7XEAX-Tm2cv&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&tp=7&oh=72cd266b8df88bf2902f483a4fc9494d&oe=5F8B26F2

Is that on a Kinglong bus?

I had some linglongs on the BM not long ago, they came with some wheels I bought.....when I initially got them and stopped laughing at the name I looked them up on tyre reviews or some website......a chap who had purchased  a set and subsequently reviewed them summed them up perfectly....."if you want to live long, dont by linglongs".

I can confirm his findings.....they are widow makers.

Speaking for crap tyres I had some "Matadors" on a Mk1 1.2 clio....I was broke at the time but had two very close ones where I nearly went up the rear  of a transit and nearly through the front door a dentist......I found the money for some Pirelli's very quickly.

My Corolla T Sport came with some tyres call "Corsas".......I went full lock understeer at a wet roundabout doing like 25 mph, I decided they were not very sporty and binned them for some vredestein sport 3.....they were an excellent tyre.

33 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

amusing/ironicly? so is the thumbnail image on my end LOL good ol cavcraft-o-vision :mrgreen:

image.thumb.png.1dd37dc59f1a2b456d0ee3a98ca4da2e.png

compared to its actual aspect ratio

image.thumb.png.9bf7a27113e2e8e7295f30cefe7fda5b.png

Yes, i had a feeling it would be like that

my own doing, as i am far too lazy to plug my phone into the PC i sent myself it through facebook and copied it from there

11 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

F50382278422_38cc968339_o.jpg

I call foul on the Lassa tyre, they are a cut above the Chinese non-brand ditchfinders.

Lassa are a Turkish tyre manufacturer (who make their tyres in Turkey). They are in a joint venture with  Bridgestone who provide a lot of technical input to the design and manufacture of these tyres.

LASSA TYRES ~ Lassa Driveways Sports Tires – Buy Tyre Sell ...

(Brisa is an old trade mark and Sabanci is the Turkish corporation that owns Lassa)

3 minutes ago, martc said:

I call foul on the Lassa tyre, they are a cut above the Chinese non-brand ditchfinders.

Lassa are a Turkish tyre manufacturer (who make their tyres in Turkey). They are in a joint venture with  Bridgestone who provide a lot of technical input to the design and manufacture of these tyres.

LASSA TYRES ~ Lassa Driveways Sports Tires – Buy Tyre Sell ...

(Brisa is an old trade mark and Sabanci is the Turkish corporation that owns Lassa)

dads civic has some "lassa driveways sports" and i must admit they are pretty damn good

we thought it was a ditchfinder and nearly didn't buy the car due to it until i did a quick google search and found out they were in the joint venture with bridgestone

must admit they have an excellent resistence to aquaplaining and seem to grip very well indeed in all conditions