Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

I had a set of 'Mowhawks' on my first ever MX5, they went bald on the sides *Badum-tish*

Joking aside they weren't great, Uniroyal Rainsports worked far better IIRC.

At present I have Toyo NanoEnergy 3's on the Golf and Vredestein Ttrac 2's on the Lupo, both seem ok for budget options.

I've just fitted a set of Barum Brilliantis 2's to the 940, the jury's still out on them but they seem ok thus far.

Local car park and a hire van once again provides me with a set of winners, with what as far as I'm concerned is the daftest name of all;

28647297068_67616470e6_k.jpg20180601_075154 by RS, on Flickr

41797874444_eea657da8f_k.jpg20180601_075142 by RS, on Flickr

27603603097_1d3157aa07_k.jpg20180531_135833 by RS, on Flickr

27603599487_51e04c0cc2_k.jpg20180531_135813 by RS, on Flickr

42474411771_057c047fb9_k.jpg20180531_135808 by RS, on Flickr

Luckyland Happygalop!

^^^ I think that's a full house in the shite tyre spotting game.

Look at the varying amounts of tread left on each, let alone the differences in tread pattern. Then imagine driving this fucker briskly on some twisty stuff during a sudden rainstorm following two weeks of dry weather.

I'd want to have taken out the insurance waiver option at the van hire place...

Could be - but they were on someone's car I happened to walk past. Tonight's is cheating a bit as it's the name not the brand, if you see what I mean - they're HiFlys. On the epic paint Bentley from my spotting thread;

27759467967_f0b34802ec_k.jpg20180606_182906 by RS, on Flickr

Anyone ever heard of Davanti tyres? it's a new one on me, but the service manager at the Mazda place I was in earlier today said they were OK and they fitted them to some of their secondhand cars. However I went to my regular tyre place who recommended Hankooks, which had an A rating for whet grip. I think that they were worth the extra £12 a corner over the C rated Mohawks (about the same price as the Davantis), which I believe were not greeted with great enthusiasm in this parish, so a pair of Hankooks now adorn the rear. I'm a bit of a tightwad in some things but always fit decent tyres.

I'm sure I saw the words Kinforest on some tyres earlier.

Is that what they punt you into on the first greasy corner you attempt.

"Where are you?"

In a 'kin forest.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever heard of Davanti tyres? it's a new one on me, but the service manager at the Mazda place I was in earlier today said they were OK and they fitted them to some of their secondhand cars. However I went to my regular tyre place who recommended Hankooks, which had an A rating for whet grip. I think that they were worth the extra £12 a corner over the C rated Mohawks (about the same price as the Davantis), which I believe were not greeted with great enthusiasm in this parish, so a pair of Hankooks now adorn the rear. I'm a bit of a tightwad in some things but always fit decent tyres.

I always choose tyres with good wet grip ratings, wet weather sorts the good tyres from the crap. Even cheap tyres aren't too bad on dry roads, but add a bit of rain........

I've got one on the MG. It was an emergency purchase to get it through an MOT as the other choice was a sailun. Not terrible but the other tyres are Dunlop and Kumhos so its hard to isolate its performance. Sold as a Uk tyre but in reality its just a UK distributor getting a chinese factory to add their brand name to a tyre.

I have 2x Davanti tyres on the rear of my RCZ.

Not my choice, although they seem to perform as well as the Continental on the front.

Which seem to enjoy nothing more than a good wheel spin pulling out from a damp junction.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Happened across a couple of Phoenix branded tyres in the workshop.  Assumed it was a remould but seems to be a Chinese tyre with a slightly questionable associations with death and rebirth.  Almost nowt about them online in the English language other than a few ebay ads.

post-18268-0-41535000-1529100195_thumb.jpg