• Similar Content

• By DodgyBastard
      " I'm generally just a dodgy character."

• By garbaldy
      Not sure what the market for these are now as the seem to be priced all over the place,
      Anyone care to put a value on this pile of old shite
      I bought it with good intentions but decided to buy the hippo instead so this is now just sitting doing nothing
      it drives really well with a nice tight gear change, engine starts first time and runs really nice,
      it has chassis rust (don't they all) mainly back cross member, front driverside outrigger, and rear shock mount area,

• By egg
      This Citroen Visa was purchased at the weekend by five members of the forum, and is now up for a roffle.
      £10 a ticket
      £18 for two
      £27 for three
      Car will be roffled on the bonus ball as normal. The current owner of the car is Wuvvum, who doesn't have an financial interest in it. No profit will be made, and surplus over the initial investment* (£500) will be passed on to the roffle winner to help with collection costs. Part owners may also buy tickets in the draw. The car has an MOT until 15th September.
      More info here in the collection thread:

Two other notes:
      - Roffle date will not be set until Wuv has the V5 back in his name
      - Car currently has a water leak which Wuv will be fixing before the new owner can collect.
      Off you go!
      1. Daviemck2006
      2. Saabnut
      3. dozeydustman
      4. Kringle
      5. Fabergé Greggs
      6. louiepj
      7. bramz7
      8. Fabergé Greggs
      9. TheDoctor
      10. louiepj
      11. shedenvy
      12. Fat_Pirate
      13. skattrd
      14. sdkrc
      15. Matts_Rusty_Bus
      16. LoserOne (for Bucketeer)
      17. sdkrc
      18. TheDoctor
      19. brownnova
      20. JimBlob
      21. Matts_Rusty_Bus
      22. Holbeck
      23. LoserOne (for tickman)
      24. Spurious
      25. Kringle
      26. andyberg
      27. TheDoctor
      28. Spurious
      29. snagglepuss (for TheDoctor)
      30. JimBlob
      31. Holbeck
      32. Fat_Pirate
      33. brownnova
      34. Barefoot
      35. barrett
      36. dean36014
      37. 95 quid Peugeot
      38. Daviemck2006
      39. skattrd
      40. Stinkwheel
      41. LoserOne (for Jimbob_mcgregor)
      42. snagglepuss (for Fat_Pirate)
      43. LightBulbFun
      44. Stinkwheel
      45. skattrd (for wuvvum)
      46. ohdearme
      47. dean36014
      48. busmansholiday
      49. 95 quid Peugeot
      50. eddyramrod
      51. egg (for wuvvum)
      52. flat4alfa
      53. brownnova
      54. egg (for LightBulbFun)
      55. Twisterboy
      56. LightBulbFun
      57. LightBulbFun
      58. Barefoot
      59. Mally (for Wuvvum)
    • By eddyramrod
      Being two of the resident American-auto lickers on here, danthecapriman and I have been having some PM chatter about possibly going abroad and bringing one back.  Here's one that we fancied quite strongly until Dan realised his passport had expired...

So you see the sort of thing we like!
      Well... then this one appeared in the ebay thread...

Dan and I discussed it at length (when was the last time you had a PM conversation run to 8 pages?) and decided I should bid on it.  We set a ceiling, because neither of us wanted to be involved in a bidding war even though we would be watching when it ended.
      And we were outbid.  Fair enough.
      Then I got a Second Chance Offer.  Winning bidder turned up, declared it wasn't for him, and scarpered.  The seller liked the car so much he almost didn't send me the Offer, and when it took me a while to reply (consulting with Dan) he almost wanted me to turn it down so he could keep it.  But I didn't.  Consultation showed that we both still thought it was a good buy, so I accepted.  Arrangements had to be made, money drawn, directions printed, etc etc.
      So yesterday my friend Roger arrived, a mere three hours later than we had arranged.  Immediately he declared his 2006 Fabia wasn't well and he didn't fancy it all the way to Derby and, crucially, back.  So ok, we went in my Saab.  He liked that, a lot.  Derby is almost 200 miles from Barrow, in case you wanted to know.  You know what my Saab looks like so you don't need pics of that stage of the trip.
      So, here we are at the seller's farm.

Let's take a minute to explore some of his other toys...

...and believe me, these are only highlights!
      So, now let's look at the Cadillac in a bit more detail...

Don't worry, I do have the bonnet mascot!  Seller removed it at my suggestion, because the car will live outside on the street.  I don't want to lose the ornament!
      So, we set off to drive home, after one of the compulsory-element pics...

Seller directed us to a gas station and a chippy...

(I might cross-post that one to Cars AndGirls...)  The girl in the white shirt is one of the chippy staff, she just couldn't get enough of the car!  I took a load of pics on her phone of her sitting in it, admiring it from outside... then finally we could have our tea and get back on the road.  We stopped at a couple of services, not least because driving at night with no instrument lighting is pretty stressful!  Especially when you have motorway roadworks for mile after mile, with a 50 limit and cameras.

So we finally arrived in Barrow at 1.00am, having listened to Ken Bruce covering the Eurovision most of the way up.  Yes, the Cadillac has its original factory AM/FM radio, and it works!
      This morning I thought I'd better do something about the lack of door-locking, that the seller pointed out to me.  The car has 4 keys, all slightly different!  One for trunk, one for ignition... er...
      A little consultation with Dan brought forth the suggestion that the power-lock actuators might be at fault, and upon dismantling the driver's door, this was indeed the case.

I disconnected the actuator from the lock and all was well.  One of the "other" keys was found to fit the doors, so now I can lock and unlock them manually.  Good enough.  When I took my dog out, I couldn't resist grabbing this shot...

And then I decided it needed a clean, so I swept it out, found a carpet offcut for the trunk, and washed the thing.  It does look better.

Several of my neighbours have come to have a look, and gone away impressed.

What happens now?  Well the immediate plan is just that I should (and will!) drive it, as much as possible given that I don't have anywhere off-road to keep it.  This is at least partly why we went for a mechanically-sound car (which it certainly seems to be) with cosmetic issues.  One worries less about a fresh ding, you know.... To this end I'll be going to work in it tomorrow, and stopping at the Post Office on the way home to get the tax in my name.  This car is the right side of 40 years old, so I get free tax.  Lovely!
      What happens in the further-distance remains to be seen.