Hendry Card thread

The Moog

I had a pretty shit day, came on here, read this thread and felt bloody awful. So so sorry for his wife and baby he's left behind. Always seemed a nice sort of bloke. 

I echo the comments from others about if you're feeling down, depressed, whatever - talk to trusted friends about it because they will always help.

I'm a pretty rubbish contributor to AS, often lurking and wishing I had more time to post and get involved as there are some great people on here with a wealth of knowledge, experience, opinions - from many different areas and backgrounds but all with the common thread of being part of a community. 

To me, Hendry appeared to be one of the regular posters whose contributions I have always enjoyed reading and it's incredibly sad to know he won't be posting anymore due to his tragic passing.

Rest in peace, sir.

I'm in Canada just now, so just catching up with this horrible news. Like many others here, although I never met Hendry, I am just left numb by his passing, and that, I think reflects the impact he had on here. I can't think of anything more to say.

I have messaged Greg's mum, I've attached a copy of her reply.

"Hi, Andy sorry I took so long to get back to you,

Thank you for your kind words.

Re:your suggestion of flowers or donation

Greg would really appreciate a donation to an epilepsy charity as his sister Jillian died from

An epileptic seizure.

I have read the posts, on the web site,and would like to thank everyone for there kind words.

Thanks

Once again I apologise for taking so long to reply to you."

You lot really are part of the best motoring forum there is.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's tragic when a young man finds himself in such a dark place that he has to take his own life.

I didn't know Greg but I admired his passion and attention to detail in the posts he contributed.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

A bright light has gone out on the Autoshite dashboard.

Awful news and my condolences to the family.

I often read threads quickly/on a whim when I have a spare few minutes. On many an occasion, particularly in the Modern section I would get to a post Gregg had written, see the length of it and think ‘fuck sake’, open a new tab, go to elsewhere on the forum to read stuff but then when I sat down with a cuppa would go back to what he had written and read it in full.

His posts were so detailed that they needed the time and effort to read that he had obviously put in to write them, that on most occasions they couldn’t be read on a quick flick through. Always well written and interesting to read.

A crying shame that he felt things had got so much that this was the only way out.

Holy smokes, missed all this due to OMGSNOKAOS and frankly just can't believe it, I was only looking at his dad's lovely mk 4 Mondeo picture he put up the other day, what a terrible loss and a big shame.

I always loved his posts mainly in the modern section, always really informative and from an insider's view of working for large car dealerships. One thing I noticed was he must have read back what he wrote, as it was always spelt correctly using excellent grammar and very little slang, clearly an intelligent guy, again such a terrible shame.

I agree with what someone posted earlier, his name will pop up in many a future search for central belt registration numbers and the like!!!

Hope his other half and family left behind can get through it all ok.

RIP fella.

We have lost someone who had an incredible influence on our forum, his eloquence and depth of knowledge on his chosen subjects was second to none and commanded a lot of respect. I didn't know him personally, but was so sorry to hear of his passing. RIP Greg.