Big green Merc in big green roffle *now taking payment for Saturday*

SRi05

Where to start with this beauty..

Only 5 weeks ago I travelled to Watford from Glasgow to buy this car from BorniteIdentity, I drove it the 400 miles home without a hint of an issue and have been using it daily since, sticking another 400 miles on it. I love it. So why is roffling?

*sob story alert*

My wife has been trying the past two years to get onto a competitive uni course to do a post graduate degree in primary teaching. I've encouraged her not to give up as she's been downhearted at missing out last time.The past year she's worked hard, taking time off her own job to work unpaid as a teaching assistant in a local primary 1/2 days a week, and after an interview this week she's finally been offered a course placement. Huzzah! This however means that from August, she'll be chucking her full time job to go back to being a student for a year, and we'll be living solely on my meagre salary. SHIT.

So as you can imagine, we're going to be saving as much cash as we can in the next 6 months to help facilitate this change in our lives, I've been looking at my outgoings to see how I can help out and the first thing that would make a significant saving is fleet reduction. I've got 3 cars, I only really need one. This is the most expensive one to insure, tax and fuel, so reluctantly it'll need to move on.

http://autoshite.com/topic/30177-live-collection-of-unsaleable-car/?fromsearch=1

This is the sale/collection thread from when I bought the car, nothing has changed since I've bought it, I've simply put in petrol and driven it. Its a lovely smooth old drive.

The car is in Glasgow, Scotchlander. I'll happily collect anyone from the airport, train station etc, I'll do what I can to help make things happen.

I thought I'd get the thread up early, as it'll probably take a while to fill the numbers up. £450 takes it, or £7.50 a roffle ticket. It's simply too nice a car to deal with gumtree and Facebook cretins so I'll only be offering it on here. If it doesn't go I'll garage it or something. Moar pics are in the thread linked above, and I'll get some better ones of my own posted up. Any questions fire away. Form an orderly queue, gentlemen.

post-23087-0-31307100-1519582272_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-00597400-1519582302_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-38349500-1519582459_thumb.jpg

Best of luck with your wife's PGCE course! It's bloody hard work. I tried to do it about 6 years ago but had some family stuff happen which meant I couldn't finish. It's a great job and I hope she enjoys it!

Good luck with ROFFLE too, obviously.

Thanks mate, she's under no illusions as to how hard going it'll be, but she's genuinely passionate about it. Thanks also everyone who's shown interest so far, I'm a bit surprised at the numbers already ! Will update the list tomorrow.

Who was it who fitted the orangicators?

33621738942_969f33d1e5_z.jpg

It was me.

This car (Elegance) should have clear indicators on it - but the lower specs had amber ones.  It has the wrong wheel trims on it anyway, so didn't really care much for originality - plus I prefer them orange.

I still have the clear ones in my garage if the next owner wants to pay the p&p.

It's a good honest car this one - I spent a pretty penny on it as it deserved to be looked after.  It is better in every measurable way to my 190, but a 190 is what I wanted.

Good luck with the raffle.  I wish mine had started filling out this quickly!!

1 Bavarian Retro

2 Nyphur

3 Disco Fever

4 Jazoli

5 Tayne

6 aldo135

7 Danterzza

8 Cheezey

9 Jams

10 RobT

12 95 Quid Peugeot

13 Tickman

14 Dick Longbridge

16 FOAD

17 Blakey79

20 The Moog

21 Flat4alfa

22 NorfolkNWeigh

23 DatsonCog

24 Tickman

25 Primeradoner

26. Spartacus

27 gm

29 WilsonWilson

31 Jackytwoshoes

33 95 Quid Peugeot

35 The Moog

37 Jams

38 FOAD

39 NJG Leeds

40 gm

41 NorfolkNWeigh

43 Nyphur

44 NJG Leeds

45 Primeradoner

47 omegod

48 Danterzza

49 aldo135

50 WilsonWilson

51 Flat4Alfa

52 Matts_rusty_bus

54 Jazoli

56 Disco Fever

57 Cheezey

59 Bavarian Retro

This car (Elegance) should have clear indicators on it - but the lower specs had amber ones.  It has the wrong wheel trims on it anyway

Amazing that the EdSheeranicators and 190 trims date the car back another decade -  squint and I'm looking at a W124.   Plus the colour is a bit wafty 80s

I still have the clear ones in my garage if the next owner wants to pay the p&p.

It's a good honest car this one - I spent a pretty penny on it as it deserved to be looked after.  It is better in every measurable way to my 190, but a 190 is what I wanted.

In that case, St Neots is only over the hills from here so I'll HAVE A SECOND TICKET PLEASE

Good luck with the raffle.  I wish mine had started filling out this quickly!!

None of the roffles roffled well in November December it seems.  My Rover 420 roffle sat for two months and I cancelled it in the end.  Still sitting in that rented garage too, must get it out.

Amazing that the EdSheeranicators and 190 trims date the car back another decade -  squint and I'm looking at a W124.   Plus the colour is a bit wafty 80s

In that case, St Neots is only over the hills from here so I'll HAVE A SECOND TICKET PLEASE

None of the roffles roffled well in November December it seems.  My Rover 420 roffle sat for two months and I cancelled it in the end.  Still sitting in that rented garage too, must get it out.

It's 249 Malachite Metallic (!)  I had the same colour on my 190e and it was A SEXY BEAST.

26921689660_113e810acd_h.jpgL795 COJ by Nivek.Old.Gold, on Flickr

God I LOVED that car.  Sadly, it had already started to rust quite significantly underneath - and I'd always have been playing catch up.

Nice old barge though.