Mally's Stock Cars, Bikes,Life, and Yaris happenings.

Mally

Update on my current condition, which is far better than I ever thought.

Had a txt from Hospital 2/3 days after my first X ray.

"Is your breathing OK?"  Yes!

"Ah good, I must apologise, but we just realised you also have 2 cracked ribs".      Explains why I can't get out of my bed!

Saw Dr a few days later, very little pain by now. Another X ray, all good, movement quite good.

"You have an option, leave well alone, or have an op. There can be benefits either way, it has to be your decision, but you can make your decision later if you wish." I've done a bit of Google foo. Stay as I am for now please.

OK that's fine, throw the sling away, bit of Physio, see you in 2 months.

Seen the Physio this morning. He was great.

"What info have you had about your injury?

Grade 3 ligament damage, wear a sling, take the sling off, see you (physio man).

Everything else I've picked up from Google.

He talked me through the whole thing, complete with plastic joint. asked which arm I mainly used, what I normally did.

Seemed to think my decision was sound, said eventually if I keep up the physio, I'm likely to be as near normal as most people.

I could actually do many of the excercises quite easily. 

One I can't do because  it hurts. If it hurts don't do it he said. 

I have emails of my exercises with video. Can't go wrong.

Don't overstretch, don't grab at things, avoid too much pressure.

I thought my days in the pit under cars were over.

I may get a ladder.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been pottering about* in the garage.

Fitted a new roll cage in next years car for Amelia (age 9-1/2) but you can race at 10.

Fitted a few tyres to wheels here and there, climbed in and out of the pit a few times, changing a bottom arm, use a step to get out now though.

Went to see physio last Friday. How's things?..Good!

Right lift that dumbell over your head, ..OK.

Pull on that elastic, it's stronger,...OK

Get that weight down from the shelf,...OK

Err, You are using your bad arm aren't you?...... Yes, check the shoulder bone.   OK, yes.

Right I'll sign you off. Just keep on doing as you are.

I go back to the Dr in a couple of weeks, expect him to clear me.

Not sure if the  bone on my shoulder will eventually pierce my skin or not, but cross that bridge if we have to.

Hannah has been racing at the Ladies Nationals this weekend. I've just had a call to say the Yaris is slightly* damaged.

Front, o/s wing, door, sill, leg, bottom arm. Back wheel, probably needs new rear beam.

Not sure about inner wing, should have had a strut brace, but they don't bump, do they?

I'll stick some photos up eventually.  Good job I'm well again.

Oh and I'm driving my KA, I like it, a few little jobs need doing , but nothing at all to worry about.

I'm going to store the hardtop in my kitchen until November, keep it away from the sparks.

I hope the cat doesn't scratch it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm in Spain, have just left a music bar  and have a minute. 

We were going racing somewhere, it's late and I forget where.

There was a 2 day meet the same weekend elsewhere, ( I also forget where because Spanish Lager) but we couldn't do the Sat for work commitments.

However Hannah got a message that there were 6 ladies on Sat. Therefore by turning up Sun she would automatically be in the final (first 8 qualify).

So off to Yorkshire Dales (I remembered) we went.

Ste raced, 1 st and 2nd, but couldn't qualify for final because no points Sat.

Hannah won Final, therefore qualifying for Champion of Champions race, (that's a first)

Winner from each class in a staggered final depending on power.

Anyway only one car passed her, so second in Champ of Champs.

There's  not many meetings left now.

One at Bradford Stock Car stadium, raced there in the F2. and an autocross thingy somewhere, dunno where but it's £80 to enter.

My eldest son Ian has also bought a Yaris for Autograss next year, and is doing the Autocross event.

In other news my StreetKA now has 13 months MOT, and  my roffle Saab is likely to be collected by @Hertzwhilst I'm away.

Not sure if I've put a photo of the StreetKA up, I'll do a couple when I get back.

It's convertible at the moment, but hardtop will soon be on for winter.

Mounting brks for that are non standard and a bit of a bodge. I've modified the bolts a little which may help.

Roof is very well made and extremely heavy.

Car needed a bit of welding, a few bulbs and a couple of tyres for MOT, but it's fine now.

DiL loves driving it , ladies car they say, but not practical with 2 kids.

Update on the KA.

DiL pulled up behind a foreign reg Van. Van reversed and had towbar on. DiL pressed horn, but being new couldn't find rev fast enough!

KA is driveable but not as pretty as it used to be.

They have drivers details, but I've told them to drop it. At least it saved her fancy Quashqai

Bumpers iro £100, which is no problem. But I'm not keen on having one delivered.

Will scout locally when I return.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, Mally said:

Update on the KA.

DiL pulled up behind a foreign reg Van. Van reversed and had towbar on. DiL pressed horn, but being new couldn't find rev fast enough!

KA is driveable but not as pretty as it used to be.

They have drivers details, but I've told them to drop it. At least it saved her fancy Quashqai

Bumpers iro £100, which is no problem. But I'm not keen on having one delivered.

Will scout locally when I return.

Easy mend?

10 hours ago, Matty said:

Easy mend?

Dunno, may come out with the kettle, maybe change just the centre, may buy one £100 ish and a lot of faffing.

May just screw a new number plate on until something turns up.

If it hadn't been such a nice looker I'd ignore it.

Suns shining here, it's 24 degrees every day, who cares about a hairdressers car atm 😎

Just now, Mally said:

Dunno, may come out with the kettle, maybe change just the centre, may buy one £100 ish and a lot of faffing.

May just screw a new number plate on until something turns up.

If it hadn't been such a nice looker I'd ignore it.

Suns shining here, it's 24 degrees every day, who cares about a hairdressers car atm 😎

Another holiday? You must be made of money 😁

1 minute ago, Matty said:

Another holiday? You must be made of money 😁

Had a £500 long ago paid for holiday cancelled by Tui.

So dumped Tui, added £200 and managed to get what seems to be so far, 8 hot days out of 10.

I travel everywhere as cheap as possible, thus get more holidays.

D i L being a travel agent is another reason she can bump my car and get away with it.

ATOL/ABTA official travel agent services by Althams, available to all. direct from her phone/internet thingy. 

Probably got an Althams near you.

Why go out in the wet, and queue up when it's all at the end of your phone. Advert over 🤣

Expert in booking her long ago USA honeymoon to fit in with Las Vegas Speedway.

Their  trip next Feb is to Disney incorporating Daytona 500.

Seems there has been Champion of Champions races today for end of season Club Champions

Winner in mens group becomes LM 1  (Leewood Motor Club)

Winner in Ladies group becomes LM 2.        Hannah won and is now Ladies champion, LM 2 .

It's likely the number the whole family will use next season if only running one car.

Pretty good for a beginner.

• 2 weeks later...

PHOTO-2022-10-29-14-40-06.thumb.jpg.5f33617cddc2917f53bb4b21f9e12b8f.jpg

Checked f/b late last night, and this showed up. Slightly up the Wirral, and £500.

Made contact just before midnight, They had already had a few twix offers. But we offered £400 collect tomoz m8.   But in English.

The M56 was closed, which cost a lot of time, but we came back Mersey tunnel and Edge Lane.

Very young couple, had it for years, still has MOT, but exhaust fell off and they decided they were due for a change.

They stayed out to wave it goodbye, and want a photo of it racing.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:50 PM, Mally said:

Winner in Ladies group becomes LM 2.        Hannah won and is now Ladies champion, LM 2 .

It's likely the number the whole family will use next season if only running one car.

Slight amendment to this.

Amelia, age almost 10, is by agreement, having her own racing car next year.

If you shout the capital words, you will have an idea of how it came across.

I am NOT! racing with NUMBER 2 on MY car.

I AM 188, and  THAT is the number  I AM having on MY CAR!

Fair do's then.

11 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Nice one. Bodywork looks straighter than ours.

Going to try and get to an Autograss meet at Cambridge next year - just missed the final one or two this season. Have never been before, just Autocross events when I was young.

It is straight, just the exhaust fell in pieces.

Be aware that cats on these can bring a substantial amount.

We haven't made money, but hopefully we should get a decent return. That's why people want them for x2 Twixs.

If your cat is behind the rad, it's pretty safe. If its on the front to rear bit they are often stolen. Frightens you when you fire it up.

We should be autocross racing in November. They asked for interest and got over 80 replies.

When they mentioned £80 entry fee, most withdrew interest, so it's off.

On 10/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, Mally said:

PHOTO-2022-10-29-14-40-06.thumb.jpg.5f33617cddc2917f53bb4b21f9e12b8f.jpg

Checked f/b late last night, and this showed up. Slightly up the Wirral, and £500.

Made contact just before midnight, They had already had a few twix offers. But we offered £400 collect tomoz m8.   But in English.

The M56 was closed, which cost a lot of time, but we came back Mersey tunnel and Edge Lane.

Very young couple, had it for years, still has MOT, but exhaust fell off and they decided they were due for a change.

They stayed out to wave it goodbye, and want a photo of it racing.

I sold a 1 litre yaris to the mother in law a few years ago. Solid and good mechanically but rough as fuck paint wise. That looks better than hers. You keep turning them up like this I might be asking to do a swap 😁

• 2 weeks later...

We are now well on with Amelias new Yaris racing car for next season. I'll take a photo next week when I've tidied up.

They keep changing the rules as we go, which may trip us up down the line, but not so much as the guy who paid £1,700 for a seat, which is now deemed illegal.

Had problems with no start. - No spark, and too much petrol.

Then we found the spark. Unfortunately the spark found the too much petrol and panic ensued. 

Always have a CO2 extinguisher handy folks,   I've ordered 2 more.  

Normal service is thankfully resumed. Changed the ECU and key/key reader, it behaves now. Someone (not me ) had dropped a bar on the old ECU previously.

Racing at Bradford tomorrow Sun 13 Nov in the black car.  Anything could happen, but we have another 2 road cars standing by.

• 2 weeks later...

Raced Bradford  very few crowd as expected. There was a very low mist, you could see just over half way down the straight at times.

Ste had a decent day, second in the final and no damage.

Also  took the blue car to Wetherby for Scrutineering ready for next season.

They are being very strict. We almost fell foul of a rule that has not been released to the drivers yet, but managed to get approval from the man that matters after a few phone calls and photos.

PHOTO-2022-11-21-16-23-46.thumb.jpg.50ab6c6742ac1207dba672391ecaae01.jpg

There is a gold tag on there, if I'd taken the photo it would be in view.

Need to bolt the seat in, weld door panels on, bit of wiring, window mesh, paint the bits of floor we left whilst  climbing in and out.

Then hopefully get another Scrutineering tag  (red).

This one confirms the driver fits the car, and at Amelia's  age can start, stop, and drive round a few cones.

Then sign writing, which we didn't have done on the black car. Due to lack of time and cba.

In other news the Tranny failed the MOT on rear discs, which is a pain of a job, but we knew it was coming, and a fractured rear spring, which we can't see anything wrong with, but he obviously has better eyes than us.

So when the parts turn up we will have a go at fixing that.