nissan primera 1.6 si.

taxi paul

I've got a load of Car mags in the garage, don't suppose you can remember a rough date, be happy to post the article up if I have it but don't fancy looking through 10 years worth if I can avoid it!

I did discover from Googling that Phil Llewellyn took a Primera to Sunderland for a look around the sights in the December 1991 issue. Article apparently called "Nissan to Newcastle"

I don't think it is the actual article I referred to but said piece might still be interesting to dig out and scan?

I've most probably got that one, I'll dig it out, will keep an eye out for the other one too

I did discover from Googling that Phil Llewellyn took a Primera to Sunderland for a look around the sights in the December 1991 issue. Article apparently called "Nissan to Newcastle"

I don't think it is the actual article I referred to but said piece might still be interesting to dig out and scan?

Well found. That other article (where they built one) was probably a few issues beforehand because I am starting to think that maybe the reason the magazine staff were building the car, was because they were building their own test car. Could be wrong

I think the article you're talking about Parky involved building Bluebirds not Primeras. The Phil Llewellin article is a great find, I love his stuff.

Wow, you might be right. If fact googling it I found the article itself and you will never guess where I found it?

Yup, right here!

http://autoshite.com/topic/10767-the-new-nissan-bluebird-factory-assembly-line/

Funny how your mind plays tricks, I could have sworn they built a red Primera but great article nevertheless. I was also surprised to find it was a 1987 article, I usually bought Autocar and Motor back then as it was much cheaper!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, you might be right. If fact googling it I found the article itself and you will never guess where I found it?

Yup, right here!

http://autoshite.com/topic/10767-the-new-nissan-bluebird-factory-assembly-line/

Funny how your mind plays tricks, I could have sworn they built a red Primera but great article nevertheless. I was also surprised to find it was a 1987 article, I usually bought Autocar and Motor back then as it was much cheaper!

Your mind is not playing tricks on you. I remembered that too, and dug into my archives to find it. Turns out it was Top Gear magazine who did it, so I've taken pictures of it for your reading pleasure below:

1_zpsy4fod9ng.jpg

2_zpsijo8ahut.jpg

3_zpsbfexwgcf.jpg

4_zps0e0vbflg.jpg

5_zpscqlctxvu.jpg

6_zpszg1fkviq.jpg

7_zpszup8lend.jpg

8_zps70zwhhkq.jpg

And bonus feature in same issue:

Micra_zpsdq5cmq2x.jpg

And by the way, I'm Mike, I'm from Denmark, but lived 8 years in Florida and 2 years in Somerset (Portishead). I've had some mid 30 cars of all sorts, and loved all of them in each their own way. Nothing as much as Primera's though, of which I've had 5.

This is my G20 in US with fancy plate:

NewPlate2.jpg

And here's my current one in DK - '96 SRI 1.6 

Primera%207_zpsnitqis9q.jpg

20171126_131241_zpst71ebawj.jpg

Yes, that's the article!  I remembered the stern pic of the plant supervisor exactly.  Cant believe it was 1997 and Top Gear magazine though, I don't recall ever buying that particular magazine but at least it proves I'm not losing it.  Thanks for posting!