1992 Dacia Duster Roadster

GrahamR

Crikey. The gist I get from the buyers guide was that anything could go wrong with it at any time. Doors bending when you slam them too hard... Christ...

What a find though, can't see there being any more than a handful of these left.

My only recollection of them was there were 2 on my way to school as a kid, both the van type and proper hanging.

Brilliant stuff !

The backstory sounds fascinating : why would anyone store a Duster in a heated garage for 25 years ?

It was in a garage that contained a central heating boiler, so not technically a heated garage I suppose, but there would certainly have been some "incidental heat gain" (going back to my college days there!)

Crikey. The gist I get from the buyers guide was that anything could go wrong with it at any time. Doors bending when you slam them too hard... Christ...

What a find though, can't see there being any more than a handful of these left.

My only recollection of them was there were 2 on my way to school as a kid, both the van type and proper hanging.

Zero currently on the road according to the "How Many Left?" website. I'm aware of a few that are currently not licenced including one that's been shipped back to Romania, completely restored, and is now ready to come back to the UK!

Brilliant. Talbot Horizon steering wheel?

I don't know about that, but this type of steering wheel has been factory fitted on some ARO and Dacia until 1994.

Stunning! Love the details on that- the clamshell bonnet and slam panel remind me of a Range Rover, and I'm trying to place where those door handles have been sourced from (Peugeot 104?)

R12 (well, Romanian made actually, all the parts were produced in Romania at the time fabrication of Aro 10 started), just like the engine, steering wheel, dashboard, brakes and headlights and lots of other parts.

Jings, Crivvens what a cracker! How many of these have survived here? Not many I guess.

Enjoy!

It's not the only one. I'm aware of at least two others which are not on the road, plus there's this beauty newly finished a complete restoration in Romania. I think it's is due back in the UK later this year.

post-20330-0-87466500-1519068790_thumb.jpg

Someone else on here has an original Duster don't they? I'm sure I remember a thread from a couple of years ago.

We had that lad with the Dacia Pickup project - was it Renix or similar? I vaguely recall he mentioned something about a Duster. In fact I do remember seeing some pics of a very derelict one on here a few years back

Tremendous stuff.

There's a dark blue one on an E plate getting restored, and I know of one other, in the SE, in long term storage. HML suggests a couple of others too, I've heard rumours of another in Cornwall, and last year there was a red example for sale in France, which had been exported from the UK in about '94. But they're certainly rare beasts...

We had that lad with the Dacia Pickup project - was it Renix or similar? I vaguely recall he mentioned something about a Duster. In fact I do remember seeing some pics of a very derelict one on here a few years back

Where did he go?