Return of the Rusty Justy

Scruffy Bodger

post-25277-0-89276700-1545929889_thumb.pngpost-25277-0-45142900-1546001737_thumb.jpgpost-25277-0-13720700-1546001754_thumb.jpgpost-25277-0-25869200-1546001823_thumb.jpgOk, have a bit more info. I got mileage wrong, it's now done 130,500 miles, he bought it at about 125K. 3 door ZX's are rare as rocking horse shite now, this was originally bought for spares for the owners 16v but I deemed it too good to break after driving it back and persuaded him to MOT it.

Gates Cam belt kit and water pump at 125,000 miles,
New front disks and pads,
New rear brake cylinder,
New rear wheel bearing,
New drop links,
New fuel filter 2 months ago,
New rear beam mounts 2 months ago,
5 good tyres,
Power steering,
Keep fit windows,
Sunroof does NOT work but it doesn't leak,
Obligatory lacquer peel on roof and passenger wing is a poor colour match, replaced due to a scrape.

Now fitted with tow bar but no electrics fitted as it hasn't been used yet.

New gates fan-belt and track rod end to go with sale. The handbrake could do with a tweak and maybe get the tracking done if being fussy apparently.

If anyone wants some more pics I'll sort them out for you. For pics of welding work done previously see the start of this thread, all sheet metal used was Zintec and everything that needed doing was done.

For sale due to a new job with works van supplied.

Its a shame I won't be seeing that around the place anymore.  I don't think I've met your friend but we often wave when passing in XUD solidarity.

That's the one, he's off the tump too originally. I've just found out his Aunty used to own the Invacar I remember seeing round here in the early 90's that used to have to cope with Angel bank on a regular basis when she went shopping in Ludlow!

My mate has just got a new job with a works van so Betty the ZX is now surplus to requirements and will apparently soon be up for sale. Since this car was bought I haven't seen a single 3 door ZX for sale except one very scruffy/scrapper 16v. No idea how many 3 doors are left but they must be virtually non-existent now.

It's a 1.9 NAD that was previously owned by a 92 year old bloke that failed the MOT on a patch of welding and a rear brakes iirc, See the start of this thread for work done. She's now covered about 125,000 miles, has had a few other bits of recent work and drives very well indeed, the reason she was saved in the first place tbh. Looked after, this car is literally only half way through it's life. The only real issue is obligatory lacquer peel on the roof and the replacement front wing is a poor colour match (the old boy had scraped it so it was replaced).

Not sure how much he'll want but thought I'd put it out there in case anyone is interested? I'd have it myself but I've no off road parking and nowhere to store the 405 without incurring huge costs.

MrDU5mL.jpg

I'll find out exactly what it's had done lately.

Looking pretty good for a 92 year old... 

• 4 weeks later...

The ZX is still for sale, he's now on about weighing it in. I can't quite believe no-one is interested in such a frugal, well sorted little car tbh.  :?

It's safely on my radar of cars that I want to buy but really shouldn't...if it had a smoll petrol engine maybe I'd be game, but someone doing regular decent mileages should deffo GIB.

If he's considering scrapping it does that mean he'll now take £150?  :mrgreen:

£150 for a car that's been documented welding wise, has a Gates kit fitted with water pump etc etc. If you can prove you'll look after it maybe? Has anyone else seen a single 3 door for sale in the last two years? This place is a usual font of knowledge and people always seem fond of a ZX but I'm starting to seriously wonder tbh.

The ZX is still for sale, he's now on about weighing it in. I can't quite believe no-one is interested in such a frugal, well sorted little car tbh.  :?

In other news my SRDT has passed another MOT with flying colours and no advisories  :mrgreen:

If there isn't a thread dedicated to this honey, then please rectify immediately.

This veg friendly?

Nope, sorry it's a Lucarse pump.

Slightly ignoring the ZX sorry.

How mega is the SRDT? My fave car when I was a mechanic

The SRDT is great tbh, I love it, it drives like a new. It's got a couple of blemishes but overall is pretty good for a 24 year old car.

If there isn't a thread dedicated to this honey, then please rectify immediately.

I haven't bothered with a thread for it as I didn't think it'd warrant it tbh, it just gets the odd mention in this one instead. I can bunch a few photos in here with a bit of info if you'd like?

I sent him a text message last night offering him £150. He hasn't replied yet...

I have no use for it but can't see it scrapped. It's a bit of a tatty looking thing but it's too good to die

I've told him if it goes for cheap I'd like dibs on it as I did all the welding on it, I did all the work for an evening in the pub after all. Only reason I haven't had it already is because of storing the 405 and not incurring horrendous costs.

I spoke to him yesterday. He was pulling your leg about weighing it in. I stuck a 'humorous ' note under his wiper blade and he thought it was you...

Very glad to hear it but if you'd seen the completely half arsed effort he'd made of doing an ad for it on various Fbook groups, weeks later I think you'd have doubted things too?

I really don't need a fourth car at the moment but I do have a thing for old french fancies having owned 2CV's, a Visa Convertible & a Saxo with a full webasto sunroof. My last Citroen was a  Xsara 3 door that was replaced by a Renault Megane Convertible with the rare storage box replacing the rear seats to give a roadster look and to also make it less than practical. 

I am running a big Volvo estate at the moment as my practical car as I sometimes need a 4 seater and also a hatchback for wheelchair space and so this could be an interesting and practical replacement. Could you give me the sellers contact details as I am definitely interested in this car and would give it a good home ( also ensuring that if sold it would be offered back here on Autoshite first ).

I really don't need a fourth car at the moment but I do have a thing for old french fancies having owned 2CV's, a Visa Convertible & a Saxo with a full webasto sunroof. My last Citroen was a  Xsara 3 door that was replaced by a Renault Megane Convertible with the rare storage box replacing the rear seats to give a roadster look and to also make it less than practical. 

I am running a big Volvo estate at the moment as my practical car as I sometimes need a 4 seater and also a hatchback for wheelchair space and so this could be an interesting and practical replacement. Could you give me the sellers contact details as I am definitely interested in this car and would give it a good home ( also ensuring that if sold it would be offered back here on Autoshite first ).

Pm'd.