2. oldcars

oldcars

3. eddyramrod

eddyramrod

4. snagglepuss

snagglepuss

• Similar Content

• By Zelandeth
      So at least a bunch of you will recognise my much hacked about Invacar (AC Model 70 actually to be technically correct), KPL139P from my blog thread.

With the arrival of Dollywobbler's former spares car the decision was made to return that to the road rather than KPL as it was in far better overall condition.

So since then she has donated her engine, brakes and gearbox to TPA.

It seems a shame to just throw away the leftovers though. Given the repeated comments we've both had from people saying we should stick a silly bike engine or something in it, there seems to be interest in some madcap projects.

I reckon with a roof chop, custom front end built and a suitably mad engine you could make a truly epic 2/3rd scale replica hot rod with it. I however have neither the time nor resources.

The chassis will need a couple of repairs due to water having got trapped beneath the floor, but is overall sound. Sound and utterly over-engineered for what it is.

She already has a V5C present and in my name, so just needs a (Class III) MOT to allow you to change the vehicle type to motor tricycle and tax class to historic.

I need the garage space back, so if anyone wants to take this on as a crazy project, it's all yours.

It has tyres that are holding air sufficiently that it can roll for loading purposes just fine.

A pair of somewhat dodgy doors can be had if required, I just need to swap some bits over before I'm done with them. Rear windscreen is missing, windscreen is present and serviceable, and I have good door glass available if you want it.

If you're thinking ditching the body, sticking a roll cage on and making a crazy off-road buggy that might be immaterial...plenty of suspension travel and compliant springs...that could work actually...

If you're interested, let me know.

Really not looking for anything for it, but if you'd like to contribute towards the camper and Invacar restoration fund anything will be appreciated.

I'd rather have it out the way sooner than later to be honest, but if you're interested but cannot get it picked up until a given date I'm sure we can arrange something.
    • By chancer
      Moving this over here in case anyone has missed it. Needing this gone within next 2 weeks due to losing parking space. Couple of faults but nothing major. Its mot'd til jan and in good running order. Price drop to £300 as is for quick sale, otherwise i fix the faults and stick it on bumtree for twice that amount! Would make a good winter beater for someone
    • By si1881
      Going to try this on here before the fun that is eBay or similar.

My mum has recently replaced her trusty old SportKa with a newer 500 and currently it’s just sat in the garage.

It’s only done 38k with I think mum being the third owner plus a very large file of bills. As you can see from the MOT history ‘a lot’ of miles have been done in the last few years....! Has the leather interior, an aftermarket Bluetooth kit, Air Con that works and four good tyres plus working remote key.

It has had some attention by a welder in the past but the filler area is solid and other than a few obvious bits on the sills and corners of the rear bumpers is in nice condition.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I’m back there later this week so can look at the paperwork or anything else on the car in more detail.

She’s looking for about £750-800.

Car is currently SORN and located in deepest Lincolnshire (near Spilsby).

• By Steve79
      Departarting from the norm, I'm being lazy and have actually managed to convince the seller to deliver to my house at no cost. It's only the other side of town but haven't got the time to collect today.

2 hour countdown starts at 9am
    • By Broadsword
      Hot on the heels of last week’s collectioneering of a Xantia, another collection starts here and now. Well it is probably a collection as long as the car is as described, but I am optimistic.

Clues. It’s enormous yet quite cramped. Never had one before and it could be considered blessed, saintly even!