Seat Inca SDI for sale £175

Lacquer Peel

This van has been super reliable (I've travelled 15k in it since last May with no FTPs) but it's got a number of issues. I am buying Durham850's 850 so it's up for sale.

Juddering clutch

Very difficult to go from third to fourth gear (this hasn't got any worse for circa 10k miles)

Rust spots and scabs all over

Rattly back box at idle

Pluses

Towbar with working electrics

MOT til October 25th 2018

Renowned* VAG reliability

Can deliver anywhere between the Highlands and Durham. cb8a6a1779a87a86a45adfb6b821464f.jpgd563764072b329344ad10ec07aed2df2.jpg

e89d5c5460f2cc77fcfd641f031a0398.jpg211f2d58a12f5bdb0d34603b96211c03.jpg

The linkage appears to be fine and the gearbox oil has been changed twice. It's probably the selector inside the gearbox.

I'm not sure what's happening with this Volvo now and the clutch has started slipping so I refunded the Gumtree chap's deposit.

I'd be surprised if it is that, by linkage I meant setting up the cables, they were miles out on my Leon making it nigh on impossible to obtain 2nd or 3rd after a long run at least but generally horrible to drive.

Once set up it was like a different box.......

Until the gearbox mount snapped a week later dropping the driveshaft onto the subframe and causing a FTP. Still worked for a week or so but got progressively harder to obtain 5 th until it stopped selecting 5 th, all other gears were lovely though!!!

Drove it like that for 4 months then swapped out the box, that one really does drive superbly. After my endeavours I decided to strip out the 5 th gear end cover from the old one expecting the worst and did find a small fragment of tooth but most importantly the circlip that had fallen off 5th, DOH!!! Could have fixed it in 10 mins but such is life.

Thinking about it, if it is a selector issue, then I most likely have a spare on the old box any potential purchaser can have for FOC.

Ps just to say I would love this myself and even have a TDI 1.9 to drop straight in but your miles away and I'm trying to clear chod rather than gain it !!!

The boxes in SDi's (and 1.4 16v's) are notorious for the diff rivets giving way, getting thrown off, ricotcheting round and punching a hole through the casting. First symptom is usually clutch judder, due to oil contamination, then slipping. Then total meltdown. Ask me how I know..

• 2 weeks later...

My Inca, that I've not owned long, suddenly did oil pressure warning light flashing and buzzer. I had no time to anything for a couple of weeks, apart from cry and rue selling my ultra reliable C15.

My hope was it wasn't a shot engine, especially as I'd had cam belt done. Yesterday I decided to take oil sensor out, so started it up to put on the drive. No warnings on oil! I've been driving it all day with no lights showing or anything ???

Anyone have a clue why it's repaired itself?

Sorry for thread hijack Laquer Peel.

The boxes in SDi's (and 1.4 16v's) are notorious for the diff rivets giving way, getting thrown off, ricotcheting round and punching a hole through the casting. First symptom is usually clutch judder, due to oil contamination, then slipping. Then total meltdown. Ask me how I know..

Same box as a Golf GTI? 59ee4ae857263a51e012a821ec7d9fde.jpg7e623b2d2065ccb8724017efe468e391.jpg

I think it's a different, stronger* gearbox in the more powerful models. Still VAG SHITE.

Er, no. It was an SDi box I replaced the holey 1.4 box with. Same code.

Mine was the one with the release bearing behind the green cap on the end. O2A?

Common failure on those anyway. It had been making a weird whirring sound when pulling away occasionally, that night it went for 2nd gear at a junction and it popped out if gear. Rammed it back in, weird noise and it dumped all the gearbox oil on the hot exhaust. Shat myself. Coasted to a layby, got the AA out and fitted a replacement box at the weekend. Mostly on my own with some bailing twine around my neck and through the gearbox bolt holes to keep my hands free to wiggle it on. My mum helped a bit too as she wanted her driveway back.