1999 Corolla of Pleasure - fare thee well

dozeydustman

23 minutes ago, ETCHY said:

Yep very sad, but you did the right thing sometimes it's just the time for them to go.

We were heartbroken when our little K11 Micra went to tbe great scrappie in the sky.

Odd how you get attached to the bloody things !

Indeed. I was attached to a number my previous cars, several I wish I’d done work on because not terminal, but didn’t have the time, space or money to fix. My 205, my Felicia and Cougar all got baled because cost of repair was several more times the value of the car or buying another.

I had looked at a replacement engine and would have bought one had there only been <100 left in the world, but at the moment I can get another really nice one for sensible money.

However a replacement, whether permanent or just an interim thing, is on the cards and I’m talking to another shiter about a collection next weekend, so keep your eyes peeled!

Well done on letting it go. There's a line for cars which reach the point yours did and the financially sensible solution is to let it go to the baler and pocket the funds. 

Unfortunately, my sentimental attachment to my MR2 after six years of ownership (a personal record by a long mile) means if it goes pop, I'll be digging my hand into my pocket to fix it up. To this day, I refuse to embrace the idea of someone else driving (or towing) my car down the road, never to be seen again. It's part of the family, and will remain so, come hell or high water. 

19 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Well done on letting it go. There's a line for cars which reach the point yours did and the financially sensible solution is to let it go to the baler and pocket the funds. 

Unfortunately, my sentimental attachment to my MR2 after six years of ownership (a personal record by a long mile) means if it goes pop, I'll be digging my hand into my pocket to fix it up. To this day, I refuse to embrace the idea of someone else driving (or towing) my car down the road, never to be seen again. It's part of the family, and will remain so, come hell or high water. 

Indeed. We’re saving for a house, stepdaughter is going to live on her own so while we have an amount to spend on something transport wise we can’t fritter money away chasing problen after problem. Thankfully the ‘zuki is utterly reliable for me and I’m happier taking a punt on a half decent newer motor for wifey and madam to pootle about in.

We’d gladly have taken the red fiesta off my sister in law for the price she had been offered against a motorbility car had this happened 6 weeks ago!