Jaaaaaag XJ40: Game Over - Death by Alfa Romeo

Broadsword

This is the trouble these days, slight tap up the back end, everyone has to be rushed to hospital and all the vehicles involved are written off.  Back in my day...your dads mate would have come round and pulled the dent out with his series 1 landrover and everyone carried on as normal

please don't anyone get offended i'm only (semi) joking

I'm quite cautious with these things, so as 320touring said I recommend breaking for parts. It doesn't make me right though, just being cautious and not wanting someone stranded on the side of the road. I have offered it to someone who breaks these, so I should have an answer on that soon. 

Mmm, roffle had completely slipped my mind. I could consider it. How much would you people be comfortable paying for this per ticket? £5? I would give this at a special discount price to Mr. DW as editor of classic Jaguar magazine if he wanted to do something completely mad and buy it. Even it its current smashed state it's in better shape than the dodgy Daimler, that much I am certain of. I could even slap some furnace cement on the manifold to shut it up for a while, break out a crowbar and sledge hammer and do something with the rear. I'm keeping the toolbox by the way.

But yeah I don't know. I've never been in a crash, I'm not an expert on subsequent roadworthyness.

Yeah that is very true, just that I don't have the time and space. A bit of a profit from it quickly as it is works for me best. Ok, I have a bit of a plan now. There is one person not of this parish who has expressed interest, who I'm waiting back on. He may not want it though in which case I will get back to 320touring as he messaged me first and we can take things from there.

No matter what you do with it, you should definately buy it back from the insurance company.

As such a lovely example, it could well be fixed up by yourself or another party (selected preferably via a roffle) and if it is terminally buckled, then break it for parts as it is in such good condition and you will at least make your 160 quid back.

Man, if I was in the UK I would buy it off you!

Ok, so the Jag has a new owner lined up (not from this parish) who will likely break the car for spares. I make a small return, and nothing is left hanging around for the neighbors to kick up a fuss about. It will probably take a few days for everything to get processes, but basically that brings proceedings to an end. The Sovereign is dead, long live the XJ40.

Stay tuned for the next Jag. May it have black wood, stiffer suspension and red letters on top of the engine for it is the sporty one.

Ok, so the Jag has a new owner lined up (not from this parish) who will likely break the car for spares. I make a small return, and nothing is left hanging around for the neighbors to kick up a fuss about. It will probably take a few days for everything to get processes, but basically that brings proceedings to an end. The Sovereign is dead, long live the XJ40.

Stay tuned for the next Jag. May it have black wood, stiffer suspension and red letters on top of the engine for it is the sporty one.

glad you've got it sorted, disappointed it's not me mind,  re read the thread earlier makes me want one all over again!