Another diesel 205 roffle - PAYMENT TIME

wuvvum

Who knows.

However, I will say this.

Given the Dave numbers sadness, if anyone truly wants the car, can pick it up sharpish from our Wuv and guarantee it's all going to be sorted, then they can have it for a mutually agreed amount of money, much less than the advertised price,  which will be donated to the benevolent fund.

Ok.... I’ve currently just arrived in Devon on holiday having a-framed my 2cv 375 miles at the same time to pass on to my mate who is exporting it back to France.

I’m due to drive back up on Sat 18th - have a-frame and light board with my Ducato camper van. Wuvvum, can you wait until then?

I’ve had two 205dturbo models in the past and a couple of 1.6GTIs, couple of 1.8ds etc etc. I’m a self-employed mechanic with trade insurance so the car would get used by us along with the camper, 206cc, 307sw and my Dyane.

Let me know how my proposal for collection sounds...thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So.... I had very little time this week and decided to drive down yesterday in my camper van with a-frame and light board.

This is over 550 miles and I didn’t manage to set off until 4pm, but had to be back home in time to go out again at 8:30am this morning.

Pedal-to-the-metal in an 18 year-old camper van with just two stops on the way there, met wuvvum at 22:30, had chat, loaded up and off again by 23:30.

Two stops again as I managed to stay awake: one at a petrol station to fill up with LPG so I could get the mokka pot on for coffee, then another at Wetherby Services where more of the wakey-juice was lost and brewed up again. Back about 06:30. Managed one hour of sleep before I had to be up again.

Back home to crack on with work (Panda repairs and a 206 dturbo heater fan control resistor) but got a look at the 205 before I put it out of the way. Body panels are surprisingly straight but there’s a fair bit of crispy body under the rear seats and to the front/rear of the strut turrets under the bonnet. It’s joined the queue for welding.

Feeling a bit jaded now after that one hour of sleep....