What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Surely the SD1 is a good project to weld on :-)

Been there done that. Saying that everytime I think I've finished all the welding I find more.

I really like the SD1 but the shit running, no power and slushbox remove a lot of the pleasure of driving it.

Phew, windscreen man is fitting a new laminated rear screen in the old Merc coupe at this very moment, bloody glad i took the plunge now even if it is 400 nicker (thats an exceptionally good price by the way), its the last one in stock anywhere that he's aware of.

Seeing as how rare the motor is he reckons any more will be made to order, or until enough ordered to make a batch (unlikely), or main dealer only..£££.

Don't normally do the lottery but might chance a lucky dip this week.

Making me grin today:

1.Lad I know showing me some pictures of a Porsche Cayenne he's interested in on Autotrader... when I got to the interior I said "it's beige", he replied indignantly "BISCUIT"

2. Seeing a Sikh on a bike wearing a hi-vis turban cover.

3.This.

Photo0349_zps4d91ed89.jpg

Had to go up to Northwich today to see the holiday company I'll be working for, the up to Preston. All this in a K11 Micra, I must admit the little thing is a strong little solidier despite the bullying it gets on the roads. Thankfully, Motherly_Sterling_One drove back down from Preston to Birmingham, I really couldn't be arsed.

Also, I did it all without the SatNav which unfortunately spat out its charging connector and broke inside. I just referred to Google Earth, took a few mental notes of where I was heading and took the chance. After getting slightly off track in Northwich I did make it good time. Then it was off to Preston getting to Ma_digs was pretty easy, but I arrived with fuel gauge in the Red. £35 later and the tank was nearly full for the journey back to Birmingham.

Had to go up to Northwich today to see the holiday company I'll be working for, the up to Preston. All this in a K11 Micra, I must admit the little thing is a strong little solidier despite the bullying it gets on the roads. Thankfully, Motherly_Sterling_One drove back down from Preston to Birmingham, I really couldn't be arsed.

Also, I did it all without the SatNav which unfortunately spat out its charging connector and broke inside. I just referred to Google Earth, took a few mental notes of where I was heading and took the chance. After getting slightly off track in Northwich I did make it good time. Then it was off to Preston getting to Ma_digs was pretty easy, but I arrived with fuel gauge in the Red. £35 later and the tank was nearly full for the journey back to Birmingham.

Y U NO RING ME

321 on challenge :D

down to 3 prizes theyd guessed correctly the one the fecked off was a bang and olufsen stereo system (it was 1978 :D )

they rejected a flower - they peeled off a petal to reveal car - i though oh dear never mind

ted rogers kept peeling and it was 4 cars - he said theyd have a choice - chevette mini fiesta or........

reliant kitten :lol:

they ended up with a holiday to disneyland :D

cycling from work to start point on bike and watching the scoota boiy ticket nazi do all the people that had parked opp a row of houses on a single yellow overnight (when they coulda parked in the little estate with a gym and some mot places in it 50 ft from where they were) :D

Today, down my good friends garage

a customers Ford KA was ready to take away (she drove it into a lampost)

front end all rebuilt and painted n polished

she paid the bill, (she didnt want to go through the insurance)  annnnnnnd as she backed out the space she hit - side on at a fair whack an Audi RS4 which was just waiting for a wash N polish from the neighbouring unit :shock::roll::neutral::huh::unsure:
I stared at Malc (owner of said garage) and thusly threw a kidney laughing

:happydance:

From the Roadkill faceache page it sounds like they're expanding from their once a month show ... i really hope they do.

What I need to know is how the hell they are allowed to drive some of those things on the road, do they not have any sort of MOT type test over in the states?