What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Some of my nephews and my ex-sister-in-law are American. They're all nice, polite, well balanced people who don't eat donuts all day or think they own the world.

I have recently acquired an American daughter in law and she is delightful, not in the least like the stereotype.

27fD1tH.jpg

Freezing to death there, February in Newcastle :(

She just was headhunted for a super job with a well known international company, they gave her the car of her choice, she had to wait 13 weeks for them to glue it together in Bavaria, has had it three weeks and driven it about 60 miles.

They were here in it last weekend and she would clean the screen.  I'd just washed mine and would do their's too but she just wanted some Windex.

I have some professional glass cleaner that fell into my car at work and gave her that.

Off she went and came back rather distraught a few minutes later after deciding to clean the bonnet too, removing the wax and probably the lacquer too.

What really makes me grin though - and reduces me to tears too, is this american.

After a performance like this, she reverts to a happy, excited and slightly embarrassed kid with absolutely no pretensions whatsoever.

The councils removed our kebab vans power supply to kick him off his pitch so their new houses look better. So 50+ locals gathered for a photo shoot for the local paper, and we are all going to the council meeting on Wednesday to fight for him.

Don't want to loose him, have to drive to get a kebab otherwise, which doesn't work when drunk...

Cars get stickered threatening removal and crushingdom if you dare put it for sale notice and park it somewhere on the street around here (Wirral). This isn't against the law, they just do it because they're QUNTZ.

I've worked for the council before and they're very aggressive - yet lazy.

Took the dog for a walk earlier and he was 'accosted' by some beagle or basset type. Apparently (no joking) it was a hermaphrodite which I found quite amusing, until the owner said it was called Billy.

Wife's sister and family are with us at the moment, reminding us just how exhausting parenthood is (seriously, I could not cope with this on an ongoing basis!). 

But it's great fun. Our niece is just over 2 now, so talking and very interesting. Had a BBQ on the beach last night, watched dolphins, ate pork chops and chips (ok, chips were bought from a chippy) and generally larked about. Huge fun. Fleet shenanigans have entirely ground to a halt - brake pads haven't arrived for the Merc so I can't crack on with that job. Everything else is here though.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the grumpy thread or this one.

Selling driveshafts on ebay that I converted to have a small gearbox and large hubs, so essentially you can use larger brakes and still keep the same engine/gearbox setup (instead of upgrading and messing around with flywheels/adapters/etc). Large cv joint on the hub end to match the larger splined 2.0 struts, and standard smaller splines on the gearbox end to fit your 1.4 engine or whatever.

I get this message:

Hi could u use these shafts the other way round eg run a 2.0 gearbox with 1.4 hubs as doin a turbo conversion and dont want to change hubs

He wants to use a 200bhp+ engine using standard brakes which are fitted to the 1.0 Corsa, which I found inadequate on a 1.4.

A "back to the floor" style programme on C4 at the moment about Hyundai. All a bit hopeless, although given that their sales are supposed to be doing very well, I can't really understand why they would expose themselves to such risky publicity.

I have just re-fuelled my car, cleverly* using an old pop bottle as a funnel. I then felt a warm, wet sticky sensation as veg oil went down my leg and right into my shoe and sock.

Next time I think I'll take the cap off the funnel.

You know that feeling you get when you're told that your car has passed its MOT?

You know, that feeling akin to being blown by Linda Lovelace while your head is resting between the breasts of Katie Price?

Today I feel like ive been sucked to death while my head was nestling between two soft pillows.

Fuck, ive even bought a Euromillions lucky dip because.....Im feeling lucky.