What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yes! I think they did do Dweebs, which I remember being a slightly larger version of Nerds. Thanks about the garage, I wish it was by my house though.

Peter - :lol: Thankfully it fits in just right, the estate where its at has had some heavy refurb work done to it, all the old 60s garages knocked down and replaced by these larger version garages, but seemingly less of them I think.

My step dad bought himself a membership to our local brewery for Xmas (Marlow Rebellion) so we went to their open night thing tonight

Highlights were

As much booze as we could pour ourselves (12 pints each in our case)

Lovely tour andd chat with the owner

Free beer

Watching someone called tom kerrigan, who owns the poncy hand and flowers make some mussel dish which was lovely

Coming away with mugs and glasses in our coats

Free beer!

Bonus was seeing some quality chord which I did not photograph as it is pissing it down, but a good night none the less!

Just nicked from the grumpy thread, this was too funny to be in there and not here:

Luckily Google translate has come to the rescue.

toosavvy1.jpg

toosavvy2.jpg

To be fair to tooSavvy I have actually understood 2 or 3 of their posts ...

Me and a friend run a facebook group called East Coast Retros which is based for people in the East Anglia area, tonight we had our 2nd meet in a new venue at a pub in Shotley, I'm well chuffed with the turnout, loads of cars and nice food a drink, makes for the perfect evening!

8742876928_128f06e906_z.jpg

East Coast Retros Car Meet by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

8741761979_d492bcf291_z.jpg

8741762105_9a528a5e8b_z.jpg

8741761963_75dc84e718_z.jpg

1991 Renault 5 GT Turbo by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

8742876670_6cc393f1fd_z.jpg

1953 Ford Prefect E93A 3.5 V8 Hot Rod by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

8742876340_af470c4d69_z.jpg

1983 Ford Capri 2.0 Calypso by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

248323_4864171123416_253894768_n.jpg

Even the Alto got a look in!

936119_4864178803608_80894901_n.jpg

There was more turn up but i was too busy chatting to photograph more!

Good turn out and that Capri is sweet, Trigger. Also I like that VW, one of the few that (mostly) seem to be avoided by the cock head matt black/roofrack types.

The 20M is my mates, it's been Retro Cars magazine featured but he won't sell it, if you are interested however I was talking to the owner of this very rare RHD pillarless 20M 2.0 XL last weekend who i know and he's thinking of selling it now, he said he's looking at £3500 but it's worth it, the roof needs redoing again as the lacquer has crazed and it has a couple of scabs reappearing but it's worth the money for the interior alone!

5677229438_1a2fcd0f49_z.jpg

1971 Ford Taunus 20M XL by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

3498357670_ba252202bb_z.jpg

1971 Ford Taunus 20M by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

3311300663_5860348062_z.jpg

1971 Ford Taunus 20M XL by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

They're starting to attract it, yes. As usual, it started with a couple of people buying sheddy examples and lowering them on nice wheels, just to do something different, and now numerous others are looking for them so they can remove the springs, stickerbomb them and kill nuns etc etc.

Also, I would commit unspeakable crimes and perversions for that Taunus.

You would be most welcome in the 825 although you'd still be welcome in what you turned up in Earl!.

I don't really like Shuttles but the two lads who owned those had made a nice job of them, one of their girlfriends owned the Jap import Civic, it had electric rear blinds but being a Honda it should have had electric rear net curtins really.

This should probably be in the grumpy thread, but advertising my Corsa in various places on the net has mostly attracted the lowest common denomitor types, surprise surprise.

One or two have been unintentionally quite funny including a lad who's spent the best part of 24 hours trying to get my 'best price' out of me despite me telling him I haven't got one. He's gradually got more and more indignant as the hours go by so I just sort of wound him up a bit more each time and pushed his final price to what I want for it. Ignoring him just made it better as he'd up his price each time! He's about there now with his last offer but I'm not going to sell it to him anyway!

Sell it to him if he gets to your actual asking price, but then edit all the adverts after he's driven off in it and knock £250 off. He'll get home, pop on the internet to brag about his new wheels, and probably choke on his own spleen in rage.

/\

LOL etc.

I've done that before to people who've pissed me off. I sold whatever it was at the time to someone else then mailed the knobheads back and said I took loads less to get it gone.

This should probably be in the grumpy thread, but advertising my Corsa in various places on the net has mostly attracted the lowest common denominator types, surprise surprise.

When selling a Corsa? How curious.