What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Technically Red Dwarf shouldn't feature in any list of comedies as its not remotely funny.

I agree about Dads Armt, an absolute classic, but I think One Foot In The Grave had 2 or 3 aeries and was always abaolutely brilliant.

Technically Red Dwarf shouldn't feature in any list of comedies as its not remotely funny.

I agree about Dads Armt, an absolute classic, but I think One Foot In The Grave had 2 or 3 aeries and was always abaolutely brilliant.

Oh, Red Dwarf series 1-6 are extremely funny and well written in my extremely humble (and correct) opinion. Rob and Doug did a good job there.

7 was OK but clearly the different writers affected it, and there's no nice steady flow.

8 was pretty dire. Too shiny, tried too hard.

9 was unwatchable. It was like a car crash. I think there were only three episodes, thankfully - I've not seen them all, I can't.

So series 10 for me pitches somewhere between 6 and 7 in terms of quality. The faults are that it's too polished again, and also too much happens that is never explained - in 1-6, everything they have on ship has a reason for being. In 10, they just invent stuff to help with the story.

Oh, Red Dwarf series 1-6 are extremely funny and well written in my extremely humble (and correct) opinion. Rob and Doug did a good job there.

7 was OK but clearly the different writers affected it, and there's no nice steady flow.

8 was pretty dire. Too shiny, tried too hard.

9 was unwatchable. It was like a car crash. I think there were only three episodes, thankfully - I've not seen them all, I can't.

So series 10 for me pitches somewhere between 6 and 7 in terms of quality. The faults are that it's too polished again, and also too much happens that is never explained - in 1-6, everything they have on ship has a reason for being. In 10, they just invent stuff to help with the story.

In one of the episodes Lister is on a bus talking to a small sickly looking ginger boy and his sister, both aged about 5 or 6. The boy says something like "Oh, I recognize you, My dad is always watching you on that Daveâ„¢ channel". That was enough for me - I just turned the telly off and went to bed in a huff. It was like finding out that your favourite teacher from school had turned into a kiddy fiddling alcoholic speed camera operator who drives a vectra.

I think that lad has been in telly adverts for something too, he's got the most punchable 6 year old face I've ever seen, you'll know who I mean.

Ayyway, the first episode of series ten was actually pretty good and I was pleasantly surprised. The "a moose" sketch isn't really anything that amazing on paper, but it worked absolutely excellently.

In one of the episodes Lister is on a bus talking to a small sickly looking ginger boy and his sister, both aged about 5 or 6. The boy says something like "Oh, I recognize you, My dad is always watching you on that Daveâ„¢ channel". That was enough for me - I just turned the telly off and went to bed in a huff. It was like finding out that your favourite teacher from school had turned into a kiddy fiddling alcoholic speed camera operator who drives a vectra.

I think that lad has been in telly adverts for something too, he's got the most punchable 6 year old face I've ever seen, you'll know who I mean.

Ayyway, the first episode of series ten was actually pretty good and I was pleasantly surprised. The "a moose" sketch isn't really anything that amazing on paper, but it worked absolutely excellently.

Last nights wasn't quite as good, but there was at least a nod to one of the first series when they were explaining away some stuff. I won't spoil it in case it's recorded :)

It doesn't have to be the world's best comedy, but it does have to maintain a story. It used to be really good at doing that.

Last nights wasn't quite as good, but there was at least a nod to one of the first series when they were explaining away some stuff. I won't spoil it in case it's recorded :)

It doesn't have to be the world's best comedy, but it does have to maintain a story. It used to be really good at doing that.