What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 minutes ago, 17-Coffees said:

HOW FUCKING MUCH MILES PER TANK?!? 🤣

I was getting to the last dot at about 200 and it'd be flashing me at 210 with 230 being the most I got before I decided I wouldn't risk it.

that was just onto the last dot, it hadn’t started flashing so probably a few more to go :) 

bear in mind that when i drove it home, i had a fairly mungous hangover so was taking it steady ! this whole ‘go to scotland, get pissed, buy a car’ thing is becoming an expensive habit :) 

10 hours ago, New POD said:

The best car you can buy.  Basically a mk4 cavalier.  

Says the man who has a wife with an Astra J, drives an Astra J GTC, has previously owned 3 off mk3 astras, a mk4 astra, 4 off mk2 cavaliers, and a mk3 cavalier and has first dibs on a pogweasel pink mk4 Astra. 

Get in the Lionesses, truly made history, battered Germany in 1945,1966 and today, I'm not a big football fan but I've watched all the England matches this tournament, and I'm not disappointed, thoroughly enjoyed it, puts the mens team to shame in my opinion, all that needs to change is them getting paid the same as the men

6 hours ago, New POD said:

Says the man who has a wife with an Astra J, drives an Astra J GTC, has previously owned 3 off mk3 astras, a mk4 astra, 4 off mk2 cavaliers, and a mk3 cavalier and has first dibs on a pogweasel pink mk4 Astra. 

Not bitte, then?

Locally theres a 7 odd mile walk on the old nickey rail line, harpenden to hemel,  Now a footpath / cyle track. 

Agreed to walk it tomorrow morning for a catch up with a mate. 

Decided i wanted to make it marginally more interesting so on my lunch today i picked up to junked bikes at the tip re-use centre.  £20 for the grey20220801_130217.thumb.jpg.ef4e436a4675eb752757a0b35b720c18.jpg thing and £15 for the chrome and blue stallion of class. 

Air in the tyres, and thats it. Tomorrow we ride!

51 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

Locally theres a 7 odd mile walk on the old nickey rail line, harpenden to hemel,  Now a footpath / cyle track. 

Decided i wanted to make it marginally more interesting so on my lunch today i picked up to junked bikes at the tip re-use centre.  £20 for the grey20220801_130217.thumb.jpg.ef4e436a4675eb752757a0b35b720c18.jpg thing and £15 for the chrome and blue stallion of class. 

I did a contract in Hemel Hempstead a few years back, and spent the evenings exploring down a cycle path on an old railway. 

Talking of tip finds.  This was spotted in Formby  tip (Sefton Borough Council) in a Norton Metals skip. There looked to be nothing wrong with it. 

I was prevented from removing it to a place of safety as once it's in the skip that's it. 

20220723_083406.jpg

2 hours ago, New POD said:

I did a contract in Hemel Hempstead a few years back, and spent the evenings exploring down a cycle path on an old railway. 

Talking of tip finds.  This was spotted in Formby  tip (Sefton Borough Council) in a Norton Metals skip. There looked to be nothing wrong with it. 

I was prevented from removing it to a place of safety as once it's in the skip that's it. 

20220723_083406.jpg

they are a funy lot there , to be fair the whole council is ....

On 31/07/2022 at 19:43, J W Pepper said:

Get in the Lionesses, truly made history, battered Germany in 1945,1966 and today, I'm not a big football fan but I've watched all the England matches this tournament, and I'm not disappointed, thoroughly enjoyed it, puts the mens team to shame in my opinion, all that needs to change is them getting paid the same as the men

"battered Germany", really? Yes, it's great result and I hope it inspires many more woman and girls to get involved with the game but why bring the war into it? FYI the allies won WW2, not the English. The "Two world wars and one world cup" trope is just crass. Another great thing about the women's campaign is the lack of such nonsense or bad behaviour from the fans.

Why should they be paid the same as men? from what I saw the level of football played was nowhere near the standard of the male game. 

Agreed with the references to the war, it's pathetic really, they played well to win and congrats to the Women's team but let's not get carried away now. 

2 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

"battered Germany", really? Yes, it's great result and I hope it inspires many more woman and girls to get involved with the game but why bring the war into it? FYI the allies won WW2, not the English. The "Two world wars and one world cup" trope is just crass. Another great thing about the women's campaign is the lack of such nonsense or bad behaviour from the fans.

This comparison to war stuff reminds me why I can't stand football or most of it's fans.

"We beat them in a casual game of kicking a ball on a field, which is much like when many millions of people died horrific and needless deaths". Get a fucking grip you absolute nobbers

31 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

It's supposed to be sport, ffs. If paid, equal rights surely.

Equal rights for equal ability surely? In most normal jobs women can perform as good as job as men but sport is different. OK unless we have direct competition between the sexes people will always argue, so let’s take athletics where you can compare performances without direct competition. Is there any world record for women that’s longer/ faster/ higher … than the men’s equivalent? No, none. Equestrian is  about the only sport where make and female compete and then the horse ( of either sex it must be said) does most the work.

People are deluded by the hype but women professional  footballers are probably well paid compared to males of similar ability.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

I think there's something wrong with this bmw 

That must be awful to drive 

My Mum's Nova was like that after being obliterated by 626 + Caravan that 'didn't see the roundabout'.

23 hours ago, Andyrew said:

6 miles in.  Both of us havent ridden in about 8 years!  Slight rusty water in frame leakage but overall nothing has failed yet! 

16594401743141675754238.thumb.jpg.fba1b4a16da2c54b3086e4c9fd9aad3a.jpg

Pro m8

1659440203419778524020.thumb.jpg.f1ad4133704f16605e5946767f20795a.jpg

20220802_123419.thumb.jpg.e85dc8335173d331b3637650067b1ad6.jpg

7 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Heard that car hire in Ireland has come down a bit. Avis still quoting over £1k for a week, but the site I booked through a while back has dropped from £800 to £550! Cancelled the booking, got a 25% bonus on the deposit credit, promptly re-booked. Easiest £250 I've ever gained.

£1k 😳