What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Either two people or a two team game . Play the song Roxanne . One drinks on Roxanne and one drinks on red light .

If anyone drinks on the “R” when he doesn’t actually say Roxanne then they have to down the pint 

A bit like the And n The game where you put the news on and one drinks on and and one on the .

When I worked in my old local we had a couple of football teams whose game was cancelled on a Sunday lunchtime because the ref didn't turn up. Most of them came back to the pub for a beer or five and to watch a televised game ...they decided to play a similar name game but with shots of various spirits . We had to rope in a few of the regular Barfly's to make up two full teams .... 22 drinkers , £20 per person , some passed out within 10 minutes, some disappeared , some projectile vomited , our game was abandoned at half-time due to no players fit to continue . We had coats, football kit, car keys all over the place for days !! . That game was never played again !!! Some good news though the bar take was up that day !!!

DRINK RESPONSIBLY !!!

Argos turned up this morning with a replacement washing machine .... it was to replace the new one we had bought before Xmas that had the left hand side pushed in .

the original one with its damage we received just before Xmas , I installed it , used it , noticed the drum was not square with the door opening , put it down to the support springs , then when having a cuppa I could not unsee what I saw ,the  left side from the soap drawer downwards to the base  was pushed in 1/4 inch or so , that in turn was stressing the door and making it springy to shut , up till then it just looked like a bit of shadow on the front .. 

Got on the blower and finally got hold of a helpful human who asked if I wanted cash off or a replacement , I went for a replacement due to the stress on the door and I could not unsee the damage , so he promised me a post Xmas drop off of a replacement and pick up of the original one .

so this morning they turned up , took the old one , dropped off the new one , checked new one  over first and left me to connect up ..  all working and looking good .

all sorted , one phone call , no messing , 10/10

8 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Top tip - don’t challenge someone to a game of “ Roxanne” when they have a can of fosters and you have half a litre of strong JD n coke 😂

Same applies for games of "drink while you think" 

🤔Is a drinking game thread a good/ painful/liver pickling/  bad idea? 

Passed the first of two CompTIA A+ exams! A+ is an industry certification for IT technicians and the like, hopefully this is the first step towards a more fulfilling career. I did really well in the exam considering how little I actually prepared for it. It was supposed to be last week but there was some technical issues that meant I had to reschedule.

Time to start preparing for the second one now!

8 hours ago, MikeR said:

finally got hold of a helpful human

Argos ...helpful human .. how the fk did you manage that .... Live chat is a bot ...fkin useless...no help on stock availability enquiry...no phone number for local store... Customer service human allegedly made contact via a text .... probably a bot ...still didn't answer the simplest of questions ...if only some cunt would pick up a fkin telephone nowadays😡😡😡

Ooops wrong thread 😕

15 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Argos ...helpful human .. how the fk did you manage that .... Live chat is a bot ...fkin useless...no help on stock availability enquiry...no phone number for local store... Customer service human allegedly made contact via a text .... probably a bot ...still didn't answer the simplest of questions ...if only some cunt would pick up a fkin telephone nowadays😡😡😡

Ooops wrong thread 😕

it ( the bot )  didna understand me accent ..  and passed me on :-)

Just been talking to a guy that owns a body shop 

One of his customers had an new RS6 , he'd been for PPE and paint correction but he was obsessed with it , decided he wanted an interim oil service so bough the correct oil and took it to one of the high st tyre service places 

They did the oil change , took it off the ramp , gave it back , he got about a mile and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree so he took it back , they got a guy in to scan it and it came up with a gearbox fault 

What numbnuts had done was removed the sump plug , drained the oil , refilled it and given it back , only he'd drained the gearbox oil and filled the engine up so it had double the oil in it 

There's a moral to this story but I'm sure you can work it out :D

18 hours ago, Agila said:

Just smelled my old best mate from the mid 90's.

Ok that needs further explanation, just out of shower, reached for a lynx can, it's only retro java I think I got for Christmas. My old mate Dave used to wear that back in the day.

Still smells shit though, it's no Africa 🤣

I can still remember the lovely smell of Lynx Oriental.

Today I shall be mainly eating Oliebolle with a few Appelflappe. The wife makes some mean ones. I am a fat git with a sweet tooth who will never say no to them!

Just will not be on the streets of Rotterdam.

https://www.rotterdamcentrum.nl/en/news/delicious-oliebollen-rotterdam

10 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I can still remember the lovely smell of Lynx Oriental.

Yeah. I used to use that. Back in the day you couldn't beat the success rate with Fahrenheit or Kouros.

Moved onto joop original late nineties. One squirt would make your house stink for a week. No idea what the hell was in that.

I had an amazing night with Miss Doncaster(yes that was such a thing) thanks to joop once. Worth every penny it cost in Boots 👍