What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Despite my grumpiness noted in the Grumpy Thread, in a conversation with MrsReb last night we realised that between the two of us and our respective brothers we actually have the skills (if not necessarily the experience) to set up a technology company/game development company/various different industries really. All four of us are autistic and actually quite good at a variety of things, we all do much better when doing something we genuinely enjoy rather than working a 9-5, so given all of us are presently unemployed what better time to start working on something?

What to work on I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'm sure we'll find something, we might even make some money out of it with any luck!

I've had my security camera a while now. It's got a 128 gig card in it.

I set it up, using a storage calculator online to get about 10 days of footage.

I'm at a loose end, killing time before work. I just scrolled back to see where the footage recording loop restarted.

16:15 on 28.05.21

I think that's more than 10 days. There's still 34 gig left of recording space on the card too..

16 hours ago, reb said:

Despite my grumpiness noted in the Grumpy Thread, in a conversation with MrsReb last night we realised that between the two of us and our respective brothers we actually have the skills (if not necessarily the experience) to set up a technology company/game development company/various different industries really. All four of us are autistic and actually quite good at a variety of things, we all do much better when doing something we genuinely enjoy rather than working a 9-5, so given all of us are presently unemployed what better time to start working on something?

What to work on I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'm sure we'll find something, we might even make some money out of it with any luck!

I've always said, you should look.at the last ten items or services you purchased. 

Could you do.it better, cheaper etc. ?  If so you are *half-way there. 

Grin at work today, helicopter services to the offshore platforms have been delayed recently with various breakdowns and spares issues resulting in complaints.

Babcocks response indicated that their choppers were not 'going tech' i.e. breaking down, they were in fact undergoing ‘Unscheduled Engineering Events’.  

I have already advised the wife that in future our vehicles may undergo such events rather than shitting themselves like they usually do.

Is it degraded performance or are they falling out of the sky? 

Obviously the former.  Lots of warning lights and going into limp home mode? 

Apparently things like a part for the nose wheel on one aircraft has been on order from Sikorsky for a while.  They hold some critical spares locally but other things are on a call-off contract and are experiencing delays.  Like everyone else it seems.

Came across the story of Helge Meyer today. A Danish ex special forces officer who built a "Ghost Camaro" during the Bosnian war to make unarmed supply runs to civilians day and night. What a badass.

he removed the rear window and put a metal panel instead, and added a ram bar at the front. And do you see that extra panel under the front of the car? Well, that's not just a panel....it's a mine-clearing blade. And if you take a closer look at the radiator grill, you'll notice a cute yellow rubber duck.........I don't why that's there.

Apart from that, the US airforce also provided him with kevlar panels, steel-plated windows, paint that absorbs infra-red light, run-flat tires, heat detection, night vision and nitrous (which was there only for serious "get the hell out" situations). The original 5.7- litre V8 Camaro was tuned from 185hp to 220hp, and when nitrous was applied, the output increased to 440hp

They kitted the interior with a military-grade GPS, a thermal imaging system, a high-tech fire extinguishing system, and a high-frequency ground-to-air radio.  They pulled all the interior lights out, so the car could run in complete darkness using only Meyer's thermal and night-vision goggles for navigation, and they painted the entire thing with matte black stealth paint that wouldn't pop on enemy thermal or radar.  

T-cDg3KFQoaD12eKvVy_XQ?w=742&h=904&auto=

image-asset.png?format=750w

https://drivetribe.com/p/ghost-car-a-1979-camaro-that-was-SgUwhuvHTjeXf4J0RNCy9Q?iid=KcsSwQucTwCuQ3pFF_ONVQ

https://www.badassoftheweek.com/ghostcamaro

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/ghost-car.html

6 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Screenshot_20210726-212720_Facebook.jpg

One of my mates actually done this once after a night out with me minus the shitting in the kettle. Walked into a random old dears house on his street after a night out absolutely blitzed thinking it was his, walked into the living room and crashed on the couch. Ended up getting lifted & woke up in the cells the next morning with no idea what he'd done. Went back round the next day rather sheepishly and apologised. 

Lucky for him he never stumbled into some nutcases gaff 😂

He doesn't drink much nowadays 

Sunday ended bad. Working on eh Westminster late PM and the thing would not start.

Had the battery on charge earlier in the week and it  did not drop much over the following days. Battery is dated 2008!

Today, Monday, I took a look at the dizzy. The carbon brush from the cap to the rotor arm was a bit mushie. Cleaned that up. The points were not opening enough, reset them. Fired up quickly.

Video below. Sunday non start and Monday engine running. Sorry for crappy editing I had to use a programme new to me and the compression for this website makes it look like potato cam.

BTW the temp today reached 27 cent. Way too hot to work outside But I needed to do something.

15 hours ago, SRi05 said:

One of my mates actually done this once after a night out with me minus the shitting in the kettle. Walked into a random old dears house on his street after a night out absolutely blitzed thinking it was his, walked into the living room and crashed on the couch. Ended up getting lifted & woke up in the cells the next morning with no idea what he'd done. Went back round the next day rather sheepishly and apologised. 

Lucky for him he never stumbled into some nutcases gaff 😂

He doesn't drink much nowadays 

Aww man, pooping in someone's kettle.  You just wouldn't.  Hope it was never switched on. 

But then you wouldn't expect it to be in there so you would just switch on the kettle.  Aaaaaaarghhhh.

Whilst 'rather inebriated' a mate once pissed in his girlfriend's wardrobe.  All over her handbags and fancy shoes and boots.  (It was a mate, not me).

1 minute ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They could have had DNA out of the turd in the kettle, which might have helped with identification....

The Phantom Kettle Shitter of Old Yeovile Town has sought to frame this innocent inebriate, and had the audacity to vomit on the floor too! 🤣

19 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

Whilst 'rather inebriated' a mate once pissed in his girlfriend's wardrobe.  All over her handbags and fancy shoes and boots.  (It was a mate, not me).

My mate had a period of sleepwalking and would think he had gone to the toilet for a pee, only to find in the morning that he had done it in the cupboard.

If we are still on this topic my mate Simon did these two horrendous things.

1. Got home after a session, crapped in the kitchen sink, wiped his arse with his underpants (then threw those in the sink), then went to bed and left them for his Mrs to find in the morning.

2. After going for crap in a town centre boozer then realising there was no toilet paper. He waddled back out of the toilets with trousers and pants around his ankles and proclaimed "there's no fucking paper" to a packed audience.

This was in our infamous drinking days so please don't judge too harshly. 

Thankfully now he has stopped drinking he's normal.

15 minutes ago, gm said:

found on the central reservation of the local dual carriageway - 50m of three core cable - that'll come in handy :) 

IMG_6321.thumb.JPG.cb1485cd3fa79b3bd970ea451c85a5ff.JPG

What where you doing on the central reservation, to find that?