Jump to content

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread


outlaw118

Recommended Posts

zoom meet up tonight , always the one chap with the dodgy wifi , he keeps freezing and dropping out ..

so when he went off again , we all decided to stay still and freeze when he got back on ........

it worked , he walked off to the router again

and he dropped  out  again to boot .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Agila said:

OK I give up. My head and eyeballs hurt. That chart just looks like unchecked complete gibberish.

Look at the statistics for Gibraltar. They have done the impossible. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Sprinter went in for its first service yesterday (37500 miles) which is basically an oil and filter change,also while it was in they replaced the front pads and fitted the spare wheel to the rear.

Driving back to the dealer to collect it i guessed the bill would be about £375 tops.

20210508_212533.thumb.jpg.d4c38a819ee419adfbbd2670126de8ac.jpg

"Shit the bed" how much !!

That'll upset the boss man. 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/business/popular-stoke-trent-taxi-firm-5378169

Hope they've done their due diligence,  good chance they've paid millions for a fleet of very leggy Avensis and Almeras..

My firm got sold, they owned nothing, no building, no taxis, nothing!.

They basically purchased a phone number, for almost half a million.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Neil clark said:

My firm got sold, they owned nothing, no building, no taxis, nothing!.

They basically purchased a phone number, for almost half a million.......

Emperor's New Clothes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neil clark said:

My firm got sold, they owned nothing, no building, no taxis, nothing!.

They basically purchased a phone number, for almost half a million.......

That's quite a deal! 

Did they have council school contracts or something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Neil clark said:

My firm got sold, they owned nothing, no building, no taxis, nothing!.

They basically purchased a phone number, for almost half a million.......

Valuing the goodwill and intellectual property of any business is always interesting.  

What's to stop someone setting up and taking business.  

Whats is it about your business that stops the customer going somewhere else? 

Assuming a long term contract, you'd like to assume that a council, has a transparent purchasing strategy, which looks beyond the price, and looks at track record, quality of service, the way the employees of the competing taxi firms are treated, flexibility, business structure etc. The full supplier assessment and proper strategic sourcing. 

As opposed to always usingbwho you be used, or always using whoever has the best backhander. 

My thoughts are with a taxi contract, you only hold onto it because the risk of going to someone new is months of minor problems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Joey spud said:

My Sprinter went in for its first service yesterday (37500 miles) which is basically an oil and filter change,also while it was in they replaced the front pads and fitted the spare wheel to the rear.

Driving back to the dealer to collect it i guessed the bill would be about £375 tops.

20210508_212533.thumb.jpg.d4c38a819ee419adfbbd2670126de8ac.jpg

"Shit the bed" how much !!

That'll upset the boss man. 😂😂

A lot of people don't realise how big the sumps are on Mercedes diesels. So it's a shock to see the oil coming out at £154+Vat.

I had a row with a customer once about this after the service of a 2.0DTi Zafira. They have an 8.5 litre sump and we were charging €6 per litre for 10/40 semi synthetic so the bill included €51 for oil. When he came in to pay he started moaning that he could buy a gallon of oil for €25 and why were we charging so much? As he had taken 5 months to come in and pay I reacted rather irritably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, artdjones said:

A lot of people don't realise how big the sumps are on Mercedes diesels. So it's a shock to see the oil coming out at £154+Vat.

I had a row with a customer once about this after the service of a 2.0DTi Zafira. They have an 8.5 litre sump and we were charging €6 per litre for 10/40 semi synthetic so the bill included €51 for oil. When he came in to pay he started moaning that he could buy a gallon of oil for €25 and why were we charging so much? As he had taken 5 months to come in and pay I reacted rather irritably.

Fundamentally, loads of people just want jobs done for free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact I'm finally 7-14 days away from having my own place again with  garage I can get 2 motors in, plus a workshop space with electric and water in it and a hard standing in the garden for 2 maybe 3 more cars. And wont have to dick around to play with  fix cars in the street outside my parent house,  weather  allowing (or drive to Reading for the Jag) I'm going to celebrate with a shonky car purchase and quite likely  something V8 and American as well.  Supreme joy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2021 at 23:12, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That would be much of Fujitsu, then.

If it can be proved that individuals knew the facts, and choose to keep quiet, then yes, everyone who let innocent people go to prison needs to be charged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, artdjones said:

Maybe a lot of UK expats have been taking a trip down the coast to get done?

Immigrates from the UK cannot do that there are different health regimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Screen shot from CNN website.

1537463515_Screenshot_2021-05-08Covid-19vaccinetrackerViewvaccinationsbycountry.png.e4e51aae1680c796aa004294989574f8.png

The 103% is because they vaxxed everyone who comes across the border daily to work in Gib as well as the Gib population.   No mystery here, nothing to see.   

Gotta feel for holidaymakers returning to the horrors of uk airports this summer.

I am giving this years foreign trip a miss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...