What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

17 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Should be really but most testers can’t be arsed with the flack about it . If it’s a modern ish clean and tidy car I suppose they take the risk 

Is there an option to advise like with child seats? I.e. couldn’t be tested due to month old Maccy D shite in boot, or similar.

My pet rabbit is finally starting to make a recovery after a sudden illness and emergency surgery last week. I don't even care that I dropped the cash equivalent of a slightly dented 2003 Astra to get her to this stage.

56 minutes ago, MikeR said:

Just lost a few mpg's "gently" driving along the bikers roads to here ....

IMG_20200814_112827_011.thumb.jpg.89a8267e7638b8642b7fcef1ced130d5.jpg

Some of the back roads needed some low gears as well , twisty 1 in 6's 

Ribblehead viaduct?  Did you go to Tan Hill Inn for lunch?

(Look on the map it's only a couple of days walking from there - ask me how I know) 

15 hours ago, Soundwave said:

My pet rabbit is finally starting to make a recovery after a sudden illness and emergency surgery last week. I don't even care that I dropped the cash equivalent of a slightly dented 2003 Astra to get her to this stage.

£20, a broken x-box and a mars bar?

i'm surprised a vet would accept any of that!

Been working in the garden of my new place for the past week (except for one day doing legal stuff). Can't believe how many bramble bushes have grown in 8 months-there were none here in December.

Garden around the house is much neater, and the addition of solar light on and in some of the bigger plants makes the house looks like it is now lived in. 

Neighbour called round with a huge water tank so that I can collect rain water to use to water the garden when needed. And I had a go in the bobcat he bought it on. This is going to be a huge help in levelling part of the garden. Can' t imagine the grief doing it by hand in this heat would be.

20200813_185118.thumb.jpg.b005ebb549938d97e831bedcad98bc89.jpg

8F625DA7-D580-4326-AE13-1E45D8389BFD.thumb.jpeg.2a13fd1dc610370711752d7af15d9deb.jpeg

OLLI !  Extreme off reading vehicle utilised to get picnic delicacies to riverside swimming place. Note roughty toughty outdoor poodle braving rapids in search of Black pudding scotch egg delights.

Just had a great week in mid-Wales, didn’t have to worry about social distancing, there was no fecker there.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:03 PM, Rovorsche said:

Had a good session of lightning this afternoon, proper window rattlers with a couple striking close, less than a second so within 330 metres.

Shortly afterwards we were sitting under a creaky gazebo that was just about coping with the weather, sipping beer and finally cooling down

Then a LOT of sirens went down the A34, I predicted the destination exactly, Milton Interchange

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/resources/images/11689600.jpg

What car is it ?

skoda or a peugeot?

Haven't been able to take the Polonez out in 2 weeks or so, therefore I'm very glad I finally found time to do it today. Ran very well and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Here's the noble steed at a disused stable, and yes, I know it's absolutely filthy. :D

IMG_20200816_145707.thumb.jpg.65f1c661b40447d81bcd14e1d83b98b7.jpg

IMG_20200816_145718.thumb.jpg.fa4a87d8bb037dbc9bb30f21f44853a0.jpg

3 minutes ago, MikeR said:

The C1 just managed 55mpg .... Over 230 miles , half a tank , 20 quids worth .

That included runs with 3 people,dog and luggage , about 100 miles of M6 , fast A roads and hills . 

Impressed ..

The dizzler Borat can get to Carmarthenshite and back (about 460 miles round trip) on half a tank.

2 hours ago, Wack said:

While that's robustly handled it's not great he's on his own dealing with half a dozen assorted bellends.

Bunny is still making progress! She slept soundly for the first time in nearly 2 weeks today.  She's also started eating on her own, which made me incredibly happy! 

(just try not to look at the vet bill...) 

20200817_120301.thumb.jpg.3444d5f2968c99841eb3ec612c830df6.jpg

When Kyle was young he had two bunnies. When one of them became ill I spent about a week wandering around with it stuffed inside my shirt to keep it warm. Inconsiderate sod still died (sob!). They really get to you these little  animals and then the money doesn't matter. I hope for his/her swift and full recovery :)