outlaw118

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Poor thing would be killed in an instant in any kind of rear ender

Very few dogs are strapped in properly I reckon, and most would end up flying through the front screen in an accident, so i wonder if the risk is higher? 

36 minutes ago, New POD said:

Very few dogs are strapped in properly I reckon, and most would end up flying through the front screen in an accident, so i wonder if the risk is higher? 

look on the bright side , when it drops it guts you wont have to drop the windows !!!

I've gone through loads of youtube stuff lately - Car youtube, Machinist youtube, BBQ youtube, people building wind and water turbines, people wild camping all over the peak and lake districts. There's a load of tradesmen who do videos on their electricianng/building/plumbing stuff which is very interesting to me.

Today I'm watching an australian bloke rod shit and fat out of some blocked drains. Amazing!

On 4/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Andyrew said:

I was doing the prescription deliveries.

Astra touched areas thoroughly anti bac cleaned, me masked up and gloved aswell, knocking and leaving the prescription on the step or on a nearby ledge then walking a few metres back. Obviously leaving something low down on a doorstep isn't ideal for most people of age.

Two lady's appeared at one address  and I was called a "lovely young man"

Couldn't help but think of this

Screenshot_20200402-150435.thumb.jpg.4dcc5218fb32e27160f9b174bfc60450.jpg

Weren’t put off by the skinhead on the property then? 

35 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I've gone through loads of youtube stuff lately - Car youtube, Machinist youtube, BBQ youtube, people building wind and water turbines, people wild camping all over the peak and lake districts. There's a load of tradesmen who do videos on their electricianng/building/plumbing stuff which is very interesting to me.

Today I'm watching an australian bloke rod shit and fat out of some blocked drains. Amazing!

Wait until you move onto culvert clearing, it's mesmorising! 

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

bob ross jovies home old top gear

hubnut is on holiday again :P

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Weren’t put off by the skinhead on the property then? 

Ha! I don't think it has. 

I Have Had alot of genuine "thank yous" which certainly lifts the mood, its been quite hard to be positive at the moment,worrying time for alot of people, Myself included so I'll take Any little boost I can get and give what I can to help.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

This looks like a nice little job for somebody that can work a spanner.

DA2170F4-D397-467E-A9D6-1F63A5C56B23.thumb.jpeg.e53cc0ed0927a2d03cea8b65d12cabbc.jpeg

What a pity that isn't in Lincolnshire, I've never met anyone more suited to that job than ruffgeezer, sounds like a job for life as well 

19 hours ago, New POD said:

I've told this one before, but a chap I know, big built guy, looks like a tamed Robbie Coltrane had an accident in a Reliant Robin (mid 70's in that murky brown colour). 

Head on impact on an a road,  he went through the windscreen and took a chunk of roof with him. 

His labrador apparently also went through, sailed over the hedge and knocked a woman off her horse. 

Apart from bruising, the only real injury was to the horse rider. 

The police officer attending told the driver he probably wouldn't have survived in "a proper car". 

But traffic cops always are experts in structural rigidity and medical impact resistance aren't they?

I just like the mental image of a labrador sailing through the air towards the unfortunate and oblivious rider. 🏇

Got this site working prperly at last, deleted the 'Facebook app' I installed to stop Facebook from spying on everything. Worked a treat but this site (and only tis site) scrolled like t had worms of sticky clockwork, horribel. So got rid and I have deleted Facebook, load of shit on there anyway.

Another grin: walking with the dog at night is surreal. No cars, no noise, no people. Usually, even at 3-4 am there's someone around yet just taken the dog out at 9:30 ish and it's dead. I like it like this, just want to be able to go out again but keep the 'no people' bit.

19 minutes ago, xtriple said:

....walking with the dog at night is surreal. No cars, no noise, no people. ....

Last night at the stables, a clear moonlit sky, and the stars were the clearest I've ever seen them. No cloud, no planes, no background noise other than the sound of horses munching hay, no nothing. Feckin' mobile phone camera not good enough to get a decent stars-in-the-sky photo.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:09 PM, MikeR said:

talking of cock ups leading to a great loss of hardware ... choose your attack with care

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a32021287/venezuela-cruiser-cruise-ship-collide/

I saw that on another forum. It made I larf.

Venezuelan tin pot gunboat attacks unarmed passenger ship.

Unarmed passenger ship does nothing.

Venezuelan gunboat sinks.

I've been in the garden all day so an evening on my own with the repair shop,  & car sos recorded from more4 

The Lamborghini Espada episode was the best one I've seen in a while , the guy who's car it was genuinely didn't have a clue when they gave it back , loads of health problems but if he'd died the next day he would've died a happy man .

34 minutes ago, Wack said:

I've been in the garden all day so an evening on my own with the repair shop,  & car sos recorded from more4 

The Lamborghini Espada episode was the best one I've seen in a while , the guy who's car it was genuinely didn't have a clue when they gave it back , loads of health problems but if he'd died the next day he would've died a happy man .

For me it's a great car programme, Tim's a bit of a pillock but Fuzz is ace and could carry a show on his own