What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Total network failure at work today, so literally everything including database systems and, more critically, our VOIP phones FTP-ed at 3.30pm. Customers cannot call us, we can't put a notice on our website. Colleagues in our call centre were bussed over to our Derby office as a quick fix.

I'm not directly customer facing so my team were told  the magical words- go home. 

Smashing.

40 minutes ago, MondeoBlues said:

The Volvo now has a matching set of tyres. Bridgestones, no less. No Chinese death-rings for my waft-o-brick, no siree. Absolutely dominate standing water they do

My colleague comes to work in this Bentley20191218_192729.thumb.jpg.ec53899647a6bf8825e71aec45174eb2.jpg

She earns just above minimum wage,but her husband is a farrier & earns good money.Last week it went in for a service & some new tyres.I was walking past today & noticed Jinlu written on the rear tyre ?

8 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Opinions vary on that so I wonder if it's just that some have it and some don't.  Not a concern for us, we're not going to lick the floor or be disturbing the tiles so we shouldn't be at risk of any of the asbestos nastiness.  I mean heck, I've been around plenty of asbestos sheet garages and none of those have killed me yet.

I forgot to add, it's also not unusual for the glue they used to hold them down to contain asbestos. But, as you say, it's not killed you so far....

8 hours ago, MikeR said:

Hols start tomorrow ..

Big lump of blue cheese in the fridge .Chocolates etc

For the morning "meeting " 

Then go home ...       Sorted ! 

I've got 12 hours left.  And then new contract starts on the 6th Jan. Handover is going badly because the bloke I'm handing over to is run ragged already. 

I could care more. If I cared. 

15 hours ago, 155V6 said:

My colleague comes to work in this Bentley20191218_192729.thumb.jpg.ec53899647a6bf8825e71aec45174eb2.jpg

She earns just above minimum wage,but her husband is a farrier & earns good money.Last week it went in for a service & some new tyres.I was walking past today & noticed Jinlu written on the rear tyre ?

What was the oul saying about the cobbler's children being the worst-shod?

Just back from our annual meet up with two friends. We do a pre Christmas three day short holiday break at Portmeirion. We took the Rover 75 (as we always do, a tradition) because Mrs Beard loves it and it is only used occasionally when going away without the dog. I was a bit nervous as we haven't used it in almost a year and a FTP was a distinct possibility in my mind. No FTP ensued and all went smoothly. It is a British Racing Green KV6 Connie SE early model and lovely IMHO. We were parked next to a Bentley two door coupe thingy and the Rover got several admiring comments from passing folks, the Bentley didn't get a mention. Great! 

Do you want to see what a kitchen waste pipe made of electrical tape looks like?  I bet you do.

photo_2019-12-19_14-23-29.thumb.jpg.a7154f22d40f37a05a50a12cf978a0cf.jpg

Astonishingly, it doesn't leak, the backboard of the cupboard has instead been ruined by a leak from something else that isn't leaking any more.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, MondeoBlues said:

The Volvo now has a matching set of tyres. Bridgestones, no less. No Chinese death-rings for my waft-o-brick, no siree. Absolutely dominate standing water they do

The one thing I do with cars is buy good tyres and change them at 3mm , I was looking at some of the pile of tyres they'd removed , it was shocking how many illegal tyres they'd changed 

12 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Do you want to see what a kitchen waste pipe made of electrical tape looks like?  I bet you do.

photo_2019-12-19_14-23-29.thumb.jpg.a7154f22d40f37a05a50a12cf978a0cf.jpg

Astonishingly, it doesn't leak, the backboard of the cupboard has instead been ruined by a leak from something else that isn't leaking any more.

Is it sticky insulation tape or the rubber self amalgamating tape , the latter is really useful