What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 hours ago, Parky said:

Anyway, speaking of grins, two months after being shunted off the road by a fucking idiot, my fucking idiot insurer, in conjunction with fucking idiot repair shop finally agreed a final valuation on my car.  Well short of where it should be.

Mention of misleading brochure wording and the review of it by four insurance professionals, each of whom recommended approaching the ombudsman ensured the final payment was reviewed to exactly what it should be.  All I need do now is send off some papers and we’re all done.

Next up is finding something for two grand to get Mrs P mobile again,  needs to be comfy and reliable so am thinking Corolla or Yaris as they always seem to be the answer don’t they?

Finally!! About fucking time. 

16 hours ago, Parky said:

We had a girl in the office known as Marvellous.  Imaginative lot weren’t we?

it was true though, she was just un-be-lievable in every way.  Even though all the guys listed after her, she was just so far out of our league we didn’t even try.

A mate worked in an office a few years ago, they had a woman  they called Kronenburg , from the back she looked 16 but when she turned round it was more like 64

Waiting at a red light this morning on the pushbike on the way in to work, and another cyclist on a fancy road bike went steaming past me straight through the light.  Normally this would have been a grump, but the cyclist in question was young, female and wearing an extremely tight pair of black leather leggings.  The light went green shortly thereafter, and I caught her up - normally I would have overtaken but for some reason this morning I decided that she was actually going quick enough and stayed behind for the rest of the way in.

Fixed my IP cam.

Moved it slightly to run it on ethernet.

Drilled the hole through the pvc door frame for the cables.

This left me with a hole to cover, and a couple of hours head scratching.

Being a bodging bastard I covered the hole with a ketchup bottle cap.

Seamless.

400a2883c6b0fef2575740564637e512.jpg

3 hours ago, Bobthebeard said:

Was reading Three men in a boat by JKJ (again) last night as I couldn't sleep. Class. Laughed so much I woke up Mrs B and got told to shut up. Amazing to think that it was written in 1890 ish. 

I often do that with the Grossmith brothers' Diary of a Nobody. Written around the same time but still absolutely relevant today.

It does kinda help to know that things we consider pressing problems in our hectic lives were ever thus...

1 hour ago, iainrcz said:

Fixed my IP cam.

Moved it slightly to run it on ethernet.

Drilled the hole through the pvc door frame for the cables.

This left me with a hole to cover, and a couple of hours head scratching.

Being a bodging bastard I covered the hole with a ketchup bottle cap.

Seamless.

400a2883c6b0fef2575740564637e512.jpg

Autoshite repair, Autoshite replace.

I listened to a podcast on bbc sounds, the missing cryptoqueen 
short version, Dr Ruja Ignatova sets up a rival to Bitcoin called OneCoin , it goes viral , billions of euros worldwide flood in , only it's a scam , they have no blockchain and the coin value is made up, people see their investment skyrocket only they can't spend it and the can't withdraw it so it's just numbers on a screen.
Dr Ruja legs it never to be seen again
while looking for her they go to africa , literally a village made up of a dozen houses in the middle of nowhere and they all own OneCoin , some have sold their farms to buy more based on the strength of previous investments
They go to the salesman , yes it's a pastor who happens to be driving a new Range Rover
This was a really interesting Podcast, the hype they create for OneCoin and the pyramid sales scam explosion before even mining for coins is shocking!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, paulplom said:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
6d6aaec17e0f6f21794517f380500504.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No, no it isn’t. 

4 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Liked for the old speckled hen.
Have you tried the others?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

MEH