What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Spotted 2 radios the auctioneers had seriously undervalued  with an estimate of £20-40 on one  item and £10 on the other 

I left £100 autobid on each thinking I'd walk it 

Checked in to watch and 

I have £10 , 20 on the internet , hang on £300-£400-£500-£600 

Bollocks 

2nd one comes up and the same happens 

I need an auction that's not online 

Our NHS are Brill, my lung infection has got worse so had to visit our out of hours gp, he is worried it could be sepsis (doubt it, but best to be safe), within an hour I have had bloods and x rays done. Just hoping they don't want to keep me in when the results come back. 

5 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

Our NHS are Brill, my lung infection has got worse so had to visit our out of hours gp, he is worried it could be sepsis (doubt it, but best to be safe), within an hour I have had bloods and x rays done. Just hoping they don't want to keep me in when the results come back. 

If it's sarcoidosis like I had, it's likely you will be staying a while. 

3 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

If it's sarcoidosis like I had, it's likely you will be staying a while. 

It seems it’s down to my arthritis meds affecting my lungs, should be home in a couple of hours or so, no idea where we go from here though. NHS and good Hope hospital in particular have been amazing.

I liked Paul, Hot fuzz is another brilliant film that has so many great quotes and a great cast. 

The amount of people I've worked with or customers I've met that do the "yarp" from that film always makes me smile. 

Me and my good lady popped to Wells on our way back from somewhere to check out some of the film locations and a nip to the pub. 

On 11/2/2019 at 2:51 AM, jamiechod said:

20191102_075109.jpg

Mrs Roobarb saw this while I was reading your post and said ‘what have you been bidding on now?’ (read in grumpy - you better have a good explanation tone’).

’Nothing’ said I saintly. ‘This guy on Autoshite has bid on a car and not told his wife yet’ (read in a - See I’m not the only one that does it / has the affliction tone’).

So Thank You Jamiechod. Your bid was not in vain! :)

Grandmother Fumbler is now back home and safe after having a hip replacement, relieved of her sleep deprevation thanks to immense agony. I recon she is now mostly titanium and nickel. Got to watch the lower spine now, it wasn't in that better shape than her hip.

5 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

How did you wangle that then?!

Magic.

Today was the final round of the 2019 season of the BTRA Truck Racing. They only use the indy circuit, so Brands Hatch booked this lot to come down and do driving tasters on the GP section. £25 quid for 8 minutes driving, money well spent in my book! Probably something I'll never get to do again!

Apparently the truck was originally owned by Burt Reynolds, for transporting his Nascar team "Mach 1 Racing". Got imported to the UK a few years ago and basically lives live as a showtruck now. The importer didn't know its history until it had already got here, they didn't buy it because of the Hollywood connection. Just lucky!

It's a 1986 Kenworth W900B with a 14 litre CAT lump chugging out 500bhp, and a gearbox with more ratios than you can shake a (gear)stick at. Boyhood dream = fulfilled!

IMG_20191103_112206.thumb.jpg.9c2625e001345e2a2dc59caff5195c6f.jpg

On 11/4/2019 at 2:24 AM, wuvvum said:

Not jealous.  Nope.  Not at all.

:dazed034:

Nor me!  Much.

Meanwhile, on the way to rehearsal last night there was talk of a possibly-available-cheap Jag XJ40.  I'll let you all know if it comes to anything.

2 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Breaker, breaker, Snowman; you got your ears on?

Would prefer Detroit power for maximum noise, but jealous all the same.

Unpopular opinion: Detroits make an annoying racket. Much prefer a hummin Cummins or a big Cat, because rumble.