What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

the thing that gets me most curious is that

is the Ladas number plate flourcesing under the UV-A from the presumably 400W Woods glass mercury lamp or is it just the reflections?

cant say I have ever thought about number plates being fluorescent before!

(as per last year, seriously awesome display :) its a shame TPA could not be apart of it! esp if you got ahold of some decrepit wheel chair of some kind :) )

as it's getting a bit cold these days, its probably time to get those winter tyres fitted that I've had stashed in the shed since august.

IMG_0961.thumb.JPG.903d26fe9bc92f7e1a7d59bf276f1c0f.JPG

but looking closely, I noticed half a rusty screw stuck in one of them

IMG_0962.thumb.JPG.2750795acb3378ef65b783639dd41ea3.JPG

should be an easy fix, I dropped them off at a local recommended fitter and went for a walk 

and spotted a local man walking his pet HORSE

IMG_0964.thumb.JPG.b90ff9e2e1e38de3e51265fa05f5aec0.JPG

IMG_0965.thumb.JPG.2dae9d14b5e56340f54dcfc18b912454.JPG

casual as you like, not a care in the world, nothing to see here :)

got the puncture fixed and the tyres fitted, should be a nice mild winter now I'm prepared for it 

4 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

the thing that gets me most curious is that

is the Ladas number plate flourcesing under the UV-A from the presumably 400W Woods glass mercury lamp or is it just the reflections?

cant say I have ever thought about number plates being fluorescent before!

(as per last year, seriously awesome display :) its a shame TPA could not be apart of it! esp if you got ahold of some decrepit wheel chair of some kind :) )

The streetlight is pretty much directly behind where I was standing when I took that photo, so probably just the reflection you're seeing.

Had hoped to get the van kitted out with lighting this year too but just ran out of time.  Lada had an MA90 chucked on the front seats which looked pretty good.  No idea where the 3' fitting I usually use out there has got to...

Had a bit of a mad scramble because I couldn't find the bloody lamp for the UV flood out front until I realised I'd already dug that out and it was sitting on the damned pool table.

Next year we'll try to be more organised, Halloween really snuck up on us this year for some reason.  Hopefully my own costume will be closer to finished then too so I can join in scaring the hell out of the trick or treaters.  They really don't expect the door to be opened by someone who is also in costume.

Do kind of wonder who I'm kidding though.  Poor thing is probably never going to get finished... he's no closer to done now than this time three years ago.  Chris and Darren went down the sensible route really in commissioning theirs, but I'm far enough into this project now that that's really not an option so I need to see it through myself...which probably means like so many projects of mine, this one will be doomed to end up gathering dust at the back of the loft, half finished.

'Caught Red Handed' on BBC1 just now. Some tit just broke into a shop and left his bike outside. As he was attempting to steal from the shop, someone robbed his bike!

Came back to the Scudo van earlier having left it parked in a car park for a bit.  Parked next to it was a shiny new Volvo XC90 with people sat in it.  I walked over and unlocked the Scudo, was about to get in when the woman in the Volvo got out and said "excuse me".  She then came over and very apologetically explained that her son had opened his door into the side of the van whilst getting in.  "I don't think it's done any damage but I didn't want to leave until I'd let you know".

I like a stereotype as much as the next bloke, but occasionally it's nice to see one being turned on its head.