outlaw118

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

Had a great day with Fatha_Sterling. Not seen him in 5 years. He left the UK in 1993 and had only been back a handful of times since. I have lived in Brussels with him before and remained in close contact. Life and constant lack of money got in the way since. 

Anyway, today we popped up to Bridgnorth for a potter about and then onto Telford. We lived in Telford and I spent my first few years there. Dad had a fish and chip shop in Oakengates which we revisted today, the current owner was very welcoming and gave us some free chips and a curry sauce. We revisted all the old haunts around Telford like a great trip down memory lane. We saw some people who knew my Dad back then! Popped over to my Nans (Mum's Mum) and headed back.

1 hour ago, reb said:

Some eco warriors have targeted my car!received_846242235778061.thumb.jpeg.4375a0dedb6bfd681229a05d0ff2180f.jpeg

Odd because there's much worse polluters being used...

perhaps you could suggest the cheeky fuckers collect their own pizzas ?

55 minutes ago, gm said:

perhaps you could suggest the cheeky fuckers collect their own pizzas ?

They blocked me for pointing out that they're virtue signalling scumbags, as the emissions caused by the delivery of the food is nothing compared to that caused by the production of meat or indeed the manufacturing of their shiny new Renault Zoe. It's obvious I'm being directly targeted, a friend who works for another company and drives a TDI V70 has been hassled in person by them too, perhaps it's time to wind my fuel pump up...

1 hour ago, reb said:

The fuss he's making you'd think I already was. I'm very tempted to work out the lifetime emissions of a Zoe versus a high mileage Volvo...

Am I missing something or have they just used a pic of your car?

Finally got the dryer back together, turns out a washer was needed not included in the kit I got due to the bore of the hole being worn a bit.  All back together and awaiting wiring tomorrow, damn bit quieter too.

Bloody victory, and fuck WhiteKnight dryers. 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Am I missing something or have they just used a pic of your car?

They're using a photo they took, it's a local company, it's a small town so the car is known anyway. It's been used because I've written "abusive" comments on their Facebook page. Actually just questions about their business model. He's had a go at my mate a few times in person. I knew it was coming.

Edit to clarify: they're a local "green" alternative to deliveroo, they currently offer two restaurants, one of which is a burger restaurant that serves almost exclusively beef and has a Nissan Navara they use for their own deliveries. They've been posting photos of deliveroo car drivers in adverts for a little while now, calling them poluteroo, they seem to have decided because I have a sign for Dominos on my roof it's fair game to use a photo of my car.

The real grin is they've been stuck at 24 page likes for as long as I've been aware of them, so their marketing techniques obviously pay off.

Their business is fundamentally flawed unfortunately, they charge less for delivery and pay the riders more, we worked out the maths and there's no way they can be profitable.

Edited by reb

21 minutes ago, reb said:

They're using a photo they took, it's a local company, it's a small town so the car is known anyway. It's been used because I've written "abusive" comments on their Facebook page. Actually just questions about their business model. He's had a go at my mate a few times in person. I knew it was coming.

Edit to clarify: they're a local "green" alternative to deliveroo, they currently offer two restaurants, one of which is a burger restaurant that serves almost exclusively beef and has a Nissan Navara they use for their own deliveries. They've been posting photos of deliveroo car drivers in adverts for a little while now, calling them poluteroo, they seem to have decided because I have a sign for Dominos on my roof it's fair game to use a photo of my car.

The real grin is they've been stuck at 24 page likes for as long as I've been aware of them, so their marketing techniques obviously pay off.

Their business is fundamentally flawed unfortunately, they charge less for delivery and pay the riders more, we worked out the maths and there's no way they can be profitable.

Don’t sweat it, the world is full of arseholes.

Does the name Shaun Greenhalgh mean anything

He was the forger who fooled the art world until he got caught

Just watching Made In Bolton on iplayer BBC4

The man is immensely talented in a health robinson kind of a way and it's quite fascinating watching him make copies of various works of art

3 hours ago, reb said:

Edit to clarify: they're a local "green" alternative to deliveroo, they currently offer two restaurants, one of which is a burger restaurant that serves almost exclusively beef and has a Nissan Navara they use for their own deliveries.

They're cunts. Where would an extremely satisfied customer post reviews of this delivery service?

11 minutes ago, robinmasters said:

They're cunts. Where would an extremely satisfied customer post reviews of this delivery service?

Definitely not here https://www.facebook.com/yumecoeats/

In their defense after blocking me they unblocked me and someone with a different manner of typing sent a message that they'd removed all of the adverts and they'd be "reconsidering" their advertising ethics in future. I think they'll fail on their own fairly quickly.

10 hours ago, reb said:

Definitely not here https://www.facebook.com/yumecoeats/

In their defense after blocking me they unblocked me and someone with a different manner of typing sent a message that they'd removed all of the adverts and they'd be "reconsidering" their advertising ethics in future. I think they'll fail on their own fairly quickly.

Does anyone but the tree huggers care how their food is delivered as long as it's hot.

The under 40s are probably responsible for most of it with their me me me I want it now lifestyles 

Planning a collection caper which is promising to be full of win.

Cheap car - check

Megabus for almost 5 hours - check

Pay for Megabus with Clubcard points, needed to pay an extra £1.16 so paid with PayPal balance which occurred due to Delay repay on trains - check

So win win win!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Could go on about where they get some of the chemicals for the wonderful batteries in their electric cars, child soldiers are quite often involved, I like to point out they are Blood Batteries when these twats get all pious.