What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Years since it’s been on TV. But still.........

Bojowacky

’Twas brexit, and the slithy Tories
Did fib and fimble on the stage: 
All mimsy were the Goves and Rories,
And the mome Raab’s outrage. 

“Beware the Bojowack, my son! 
The jaws that yack, the flaws it vaunts! 
Beware the Javjav bird, and shun 
The faragious Maw‘n’pints 

He took his 2nd Ref in hand; 
Long time the max fac advocate he sought— 
So rested he by the Trumptrump tree 
And read the Electoral Commissioner’s Report (what it should have said).

And, as he finished the final words, 
The Bojowack, with unkempt hair, 
Came burbling Latin and polishing turds,
And promised tax cuts for a dare! 

One, two! One, two! The Referendum struck! 
The votes were cast: Remain and WAB drew!
“Fuck business” was said, but ‘no deal’ was dead. 
The ERG were now totally through. 

“And hast thou slain the Bojowack? 
Come to my arms, my beamish boy! 
The backstop is safe! And the GFA!”
He chortled in his joy. 

’Twas brexit, but the slithy tories 
Had imploded under their Europe Waterloo: 
All that remained were fairy stories,
And a GE where we all hoped sanity could prevail and we could continue to live in peace with the EU.

Apparently it's Clean Air Day today, so went a post by our esteemed* Chief Exec on the council intranet anyway.

I celebrated it by driving my 31 year old diesel Citroen to work, congratulating it for surviving (almost) three times the average life of a car. As we clattered along in the early morning sunshine, I wondered about the volume of greenhouse gases saved in not making those extra two cars that haven't been needed to replace it.

11 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Miss!  Miss!  Richard is doing a politics!  Tell him off, Miss!  Miss!!

Sod it, I don’t care anymore. I’m seriously thinking about killing myself rather than living in this dystopian nightmare. If boris defeffal johnson is the answer what the fffing hell was the question?

ive made a will. It all goes to my nieces. I really have nothing worth living for. 

57 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Sod it, I don’t care anymore. I’m seriously thinking about killing myself rather than living in this dystopian nightmare. If boris defeffal johnson is the answer what the fffing hell was the question?

Just stop looking at the news. Literally zero you can do about it all and getting annoyed makes zero difference to any outcome. So no point even knowing about it all.

Being oblivious to goings on has made me a lot happier. 

Thought so.

It is a scrapyard - I have bought a couple of bits for my C5 from there but he is mainly Vauxhall.

I used to frequent the place a couple of units down, K Engineering, for various fasteners.

There's a place in the corner that had three huge jet engines that they took a couple of years cutting up - apparently one of few with a plasma cutter licence to do that.  They looked ex-RAF.

I used to work just over the railway line, near the bridge on what was Station Lane Industrial Estate.

14 minutes ago, SiC said:

Just stop looking at the news. Literally zero you can do about it all and getting annoyed makes zero difference. So no point even knowing about it all.

Being oblivious to goings on has made me a lot happier. 

this - theres fuck all you can do even if you could vote for them (which would never happen in a million years) - cant avoid (sadly) in the media - only hope is the country doesnt have a meltdown

please stop mentioning it :P *finds lump hammer

3 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Apparently it's Clean Air Day today, so went a post by our esteemed* Chief Exec on the council intranet anyway.

I celebrated it by driving my 31 year old diesel Citroen to work, congratulating it for surviving (almost) three times the average life of a car. As we clattered along in the early morning sunshine, I wondered about the volume of greenhouse gases saved in not making those extra two cars that haven't been needed to replace it.

If I'd remembered this, I'd have driven the 31-yr-old CX to work, having first poured some tetra ethyl lead into the tank....

The M18 was closed for about 20 mins and I'm in the second lane. 

We get moving and the first lane isn't moving. There's a Transit with half a mile of nothing infront... Guy behind the wheel sparked out.

I didn't have the heart to beep him.... Mainly because he would have driven  into me.

19 hours ago, hairnet said:

this - theres fuck all you can do even if you could vote for them (which would never happen in a million years) - cant avoid (sadly) in the media - only hope is the country doesnt have a meltdown

please stop mentioning it :P *finds lump hammer

This is very true, start of the month when I was at the Citroën rally in Coventry I had no news, no radio or internet for three days and it was bliss. Very relaxing and calming.