What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went to close the curtains just now and saw a cow on the road! Not a normal sight round here... 

Went out and discovered the fence was down and there was a large number of cows threatening to Invade the road following the one trailblazer. Cue me and Mrs_brownnova (who between us have zero farm experience) spending ten minutes herding cows back into their field.

Just as we finished we heard the rumble of a tractor and the farmer arrived. Think we was quite grateful we got them back in before more got onto the road! 

How random!!

5 hours ago, mrbenn said:

Hope there is a video of these shenanigans!

It was very spur of the moment, so alas not!

There is however now a photo from someone's flat window of me and Keith talking by his car. All well and good, but I'm wearing my Dominos uniform and him wearing his Papa John's uniform. Oops... ?

Went to close the curtains just now and saw a cow on the road! Not a normal sight round here... 

Used to happen quite often when we had the house in France, the fields were next to us and the 'fence' wasn't really worthy of the name. The cows seemed to know what they were doing though, it was never a drama.

2 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

Used to happen quite often when we had the house in France, the fields were next to us and the 'fence' wasn't really worthy of the name. The cows seemed to know what they were doing though, it was never a drama.

Oh by the way PBK, that house that's for sale across the lane from our new one has just had 2.5k knocked off it......

Racket out on the street like someone dragging a trolley jack around, looked out to see if it was mine that lives in the unlocked meter cupboard and it is a rook playing with an empty coke can.

Managed to pick it up and flew away with it.

10 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Is that offers over £80k?

Tis.

2 hours ago, myglaren said:

Racket out on the street like someone dragging a trolley jack around, looked out to see if it was mine that lives in the unlocked meter cupboard and it is a rook playing with an empty coke can.

Managed to pick it up and flew away with it.

Spooky. I had exactly the same experience last night. I though somebody had broken into the Dolly's boot and nicked mine!

15 hours ago, brownnova said:

I was heading in past Uxbridge - London bound - on the A40 at stupid o'clock. The entire herd had escaped because there was a car in their field...….. I didn't know this at the time and called emergency as the motorway was a fucking death trap for all concerned. I'd only just managed to avoid one of them.

Me - there are cows on the A40 near the speed camera after the Uxbridge junction near the speed camera.

Her - there are supposed to be cars on the road sir...….

Me - no...… cows…….. Mooooooooooooo

Her - OH! OK I'll inform the local patrol

Only after I hung up did I wander the shoulder and spotted the tail end of an Orion in the field. Luckily the driver wasn't too badly injured. sadly - he was out of his skull drunk.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, Aston Martin said:

Yes, I'd like to be dead within 20 feet please.

fuck me, then the guy started talking like a YouTuber so I closed the video.

Up for sale at £15,000. That sounds a bargain to me. I know it used to run with a games consul steering wheel (which I have a photo of somewhere)

And i totally agree-these YouTubers need to shut the fuck up at times and let the car do the talking. And they should at least know something about the base car, or have some questions ready to ask about how it was converted, and using what.

7 hours ago, Exiled_Tat_Gatherer said:

I was heading in past Uxbridge - London bound - on the A40 at stupid o'clock. The entire herd had escaped because there was a car in their field...….. I didn't know this at the time and called emergency as the motorway was a fucking death trap for all concerned. I'd only just managed to avoid one of them.

Me - there are cows on the A40 near the speed camera after the Uxbridge junction near the speed camera.

Her - there are supposed to be cars on the road sir...….

Me - no...… cows…….. Mooooooooooooo

Her - OH! OK I'll inform the local patrol

Only after I hung up did I wander the shoulder and spotted the tail end of an Orion in the field. Luckily the driver wasn't too badly injured. sadly - he was out of his skull drunk.

Orion? Was this in 1994?