What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yee-haw, &c.

Funny though, this area, New Orleans and suburbs therein are some of the least "American" places I've been to. It's almost like being in France, here.

Phil

This is very true, it's a lot less yee-haw then Texas anyway.  Of course most places are.

Head over to the Volvo owners website if you want a laugh, people complaining that the touchscreen on their £30k car could be a better shape and the shape of the bag holders in the boot aren’t as good as those in a Merc. And we wonder why people slag off new cars as having no personality.

Started my PhD on Monday. Day three of lectures and fuck my mind is blown.

The challenge to everything that I took for granted is a really eye opening event. It's not often that you get time to actively challenge the underpinning thoughts behind mainstream ideology.

It's all very NSFAS as dealing with political underpinnings to most ideas including rationality.

Lectures & PhD? Weird. I spent my three years in a dark room lit only by a monstrous crt monitor and blinking lights of a super computer.

Lectures & PhD? Weird. I spent my three years in a dark room lit only by a monstrous crt monitor and blinking lights of a super computer.

Well it is a DBA so more applied. We are allowed near the public. And its in business so effectively a made up science

Only first two years have lectures. After that we have to do the research for the thesis.

I had a ‘taught’ element in mine. It consisted of invited speakers once a week for an hour and mostly involved us sleeping off the post Friday lunchtime pool tournament and beer effects.

I had a ‘taught’ element in mine. It consisted of invited speakers once a week for an hour and mostly involved us sleeping off the post Friday lunchtime pool tournament and beer effects.

My brother taught a lot during his PhD but he's very odd and did Mathematics.  Worked for a supercomputing company in Oxford every year to justify his funding.

My brother taught a lot during his PhD but he's very odd and did Mathematics. Worked for a supercomputing company in Oxford every year to justify his funding.

We used to do undergraduate practical sessions, paid well and was a good way to meet, errrr, undergrads with a common interest in Biochemistry ‘cough’

*should point out I was 22-23 at the time and they were 19-21 before anyone gets any weird ideas :-)

^^^

Normally does. After a strong cuppa anyway.

Just had a big grin. Roobarb jnr (9 yrs) has just taken a liking to Queen - especially Bohemian Rhapsody and We will rock you.

He has had Alexa playing it over and over. Interesting twisted lyrics though...

‘Waving your bladder all over the place...’ nearly had mine leaking.

Have to apologize now, as he may think I was laughing at his singing.

We used to do undergraduate practical sessions, paid well and was a good way to meet, errrr, undergrads with a common interest in Biochemistry ‘cough’

*should point out I was 22-23 at the time and they were 19-21 before anyone gets any weird ideas :-)

My brother is your stereotypical autistic mathematician.  He wouldn't have noticed any sort of interest whatsoever.  He barely notices that he has put trousers on.  He's been wearing cords that are about 3 inches above his shoes for months and only noticed when I pointed this out to him at Christmas.