What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on the TV. It’s like I’m seven years old again ;-)

Me too! Tears in my eyes ( could be tired and emotional!). Longest children’s film ever until Harry Potter came along. Anyone know what the car is in the baron’s ( or even mad king Ludwig) castle that they are taxed with floating?

It’s ok I found it....Panhard et lavassor x19

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_45856-Panhard-and-Levassor-Type-X-19-1914.html

post-8687-0-66639900-1545758430_thumb.png

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on the TV. It’s like I’m seven years old again ;-)

There are several of these cars. One used to be parked on a back of flat bed outside terraced housing. I could never imagine that would happen now without it being molested. :-(

I used to walk past it on my way to school.

There are several of these cars. One used to be parked on a back of flat bed outside terraced housing. I could never imagine that would happen now without it being molested. :-(

I used to walk past it on my way to school.

According to IMDb there were seven. A racing car, the one from the scrapyard at the start, the flying one, driving one and motorboat plus two partly built for back of truck shots. One is in Beaulieu and Peter Jackson ( director) has one in New Zealand.

Other interesting* facts from IMDb: dick van dyke was older than Lionel Jeffries by six months and he turned down the role three times and they just kept doubling his fee until he said yes.

The windmill is in Ibstone, bucks, and the beach near cap ferat on the Côte d’Azur.

The scene where the car crashes at the start is the zig zag road at box hill.

26 here is the massive baller that bought the show home with all of the decor done and undoubtably far less broken things than this Friday afternoon house so I salute you sir

It might* be a different road then :D

Christmas Grin.

I've Had a skinking cold for the last few days so as a Project I've built a massive lego fort for my nephews, (Assisted by father Coalnotdole.) Made mostly from my old childhood lego and a few additions from car boots and eBay.

Pretty pleased with the result...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Charlie and Freddie seemed pleased! Its even survived the first siege...!

Legoshite: Your plasic bricks are our concern...

Perhaps I was to old in general or just too old in the head by the point that I'd seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - I used to go to bed with the Triumph Herald workshop manual (not the Haynes one) before we got the telly - but I thought it was utter pish, even as a pre-10 year old.

It is and always utterly shit (not shite) to my mind too.

Pepipoo - what a great site.

Asked for guidance on my parking ticket I got from Nottingham City Council last week, and have now successfully submitted a challenge online. General consensus is I have them on a technicality, so should win :)

I wish to challenge the PCN as I feel that there has been no contravention of Code 28. I am guided by The Traffic Management Act 2004 Section 86 pertinent to special enforcement areas, specifically the definition of a raised or lowered carriageway as described at Paragraph 1.

My understanding is that enforcement can only take place where the carriageway has been raised for the purpose of:

(i) assisting pedestrians across the carriageway
(ii) assisting cyclists entering and leaving the carriageway
(iii) assisting vehicles entering and leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge.

I do not consider from the photographic evidence provided by the CEO that either (ii) and (iii) apply here. Vehicles and cycles were able to enter into Clifford Street without obstruction, in spite of my parking location.

This leaves (i) assisting pedestrians crossing the carriagway. My vehicle was parked clear of the tactile pavement, thus enabling pedestrians to safely cross the carriageway (Clifford Street). The photograph taken by the CEO on 18 December 2018 at 15.45:34 clearly demonstrates this.

Could you either confirm exactly which part of the Act I was in contravention of and how this is conveyed to the reasonably observant motorist or confirm confirmation of the cancellation of this PCN.

today I did my Boxing day shopping

I did not q for 5 hours

or stand in the cold dying for a pee ..

I clicked and clicked and await a delivery

and thats her indoors birthday sorted  

other things I must do are ..

walk up Ingleton ,

travel back to my old home in Scotland to see how things have changed

Playing pictionary with Mrs fp and her parents today it was boys v girls, Mrs fp was drawing one for her mum to guess and she drew a rectangle with a chunky x in it, a rectangular biscuit and a boxy estate car, her mum didn't get the answer, I pissed myself laughing and said Scotland which was right, she knew straight away i got it from the car which was a volvo

I'm still chuckling that she isn't even on here and knows that Volvos represent scotland, the force is strong in this one