What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I appear to have out done myself and won a speed boat off eBay for 99p. I somehow doubt he'll sell it me though. What use I have for it I don't know and it's particularly helpful that I'm having major surgery next week too!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Boat-Hull/173365375694

I appear to have out done myself and won a speed boat off eBay for 99p. I somehow doubt he'll sell it me though. What use I have for it I don't know and it's particularly helpful that I'm having major surgery next week too!

Expect a relist with seller saying what an utter rotter buyer dean36014 is and that ebay should ban him, and that he probably goes on nun and kitten killing sprees. And, for added AS bonus points, the seller is on here and refers to you as a 'fuckwit' in the appropriate topic in the Open forum.

Well bought sir - was this some vague attempt at recreating someone from Birmingham winning a speedboat on Bullseye ? Their face when Bully's star prize was revealed and it weren't a biege Metro was always a sight to behold.

bullseye-speedboat.jpg

I appear to have out done myself and won a speed boat load of damp fire wood in a knackered plastic shell off eBay for 99p. I somehow doubt he'll sell it me though. What use I have for it I don't know and it's particularly helpful that I'm having major surgery next week too!

FIFY

I bought a cheap sleeping bag off amazon, and the manufacturers slogan really inspires a lot of confidence

I'm half-tempted to swap my Rab for one...

Perfect for a 3 day festival then!

My body always seems to go "Oh, we're living in a field again? Let me just stop all lower bowel movement for three days" which is followed by attempting to pass something with the size and density of Remy Bonjasky's thigh.

Furniture & bulky waste collections today. Made a pleasant change as not running around like an idiot in this poxy humid weather.

Collected 3 sofas from the Vicarage in Southbourne near Chichester. Vicar (a young hipster chap) comes out with a cup of tea for each of us, a plate of biscuits and a tin of coke each to drink later on.

He was also wearing a Ron Swanson t-shirt for added win.

A free tea & biscuits + Swanson cheered me up for we had a bad start to the day. Vicar was also a very nice bloke

That as what I do for my council, we don't get tea and biscuits very often, but we do make sure to kick the bottom of the sofas in.

Lots of coins to be found in old sofas, I even have a piggy bank on the dashboard.

That as what I do for my council, we don't get tea and biscuits very often, but we do make sure to kick the bottom of the sofas in.

Lots of coins to be found in old sofas, I even have a piggy bank on the dashboard.

We have a Stanley knife in the cab for just that purpose. Thankfully we use a box lorry so we can spend a bit of time and be thorough.

At my old council we used to put it in a dustcart. Sofas got raped before they went in. You'd see any coins you did miss drop into the hopper once the packer had done its work. Most I've had from a sofa is about £9. A really old sofa we picked had £1. 7s 8d & 3 farthings in it (including a really screwed up 10 bob note)

Do that here too, though usually it's pinging hot so the offer is bottled water, normally graciously accepted.

Back home the last time the street was being dug up (think it was water lines) there was a continuous stream of tea and biscuits out to the workers from our house. Funnily, ours was the only driveway that didn't get completely blocked at any time...

Used to work for company that did pay as you go washing machines,kit had slots fitted for a pound coin

Many of those coins would miss the collection box and end up loose inside the sealed machine

Whenever I had to collect a machine for repair it always had a few quid knocking around in it,so a free lunch would be had

Best find was a machine that had filled up the drum to door rubber seal

Just over £90 in that 1 !

My grin follows on from my major grump of Cobra clutch failing in Le Mans though it got me to Crawley with the bonus of a NIP on the way down. The grin? Superb service from the AA. I know they often get a bad press but they could not have been better. Called them out (from the comfort of my brothers sitting room) and they sent a man with a van who declared it dead and organised a recovery truck. That arrived, and I overheard a phone conversation between the driver and the AA operator, saying despite my membership not covering hire cars, as I was so far from home they would supply one. I got a brand new Hyundai Tucson with 12 miles on the clock from Enterprise for 3 days, whilst the Cobra made its way north. Regular emails kept me informed of progress and it arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon.

Top service from the AA

I've spent a thoroughly pleasant evening drinking red wine and watching these two bearded wonders drive across Europe. Best thing that's been on telly in ages.

You legends!

attachicon.gif20180621_220348.jpg

We were doing similar yesterday morning... CHILD_CMS does like that diesel Olds.993bf57ca2068e3b67e79539e788a9eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wonder if C4 would pass through the body unchanged as it's pretty stable, if you put a detonator into the resulting turd would it explode?

Can someone ask on ARRSE please?

No.  it's initiated by a shock wave so if you mix it in with another substance eg undigested KFC this will not (I haven’t tried KFC with a det but am pretty sure) be initiated by the shock wave.  Howevers a det in a dog turd in the open makes a bang and splatters well, even betters is 10 litres of gasoline in a 6' termite mound on a hot evening and a det. so I'm told.

My grin follows on from my major grump of Cobra clutch failing in Le Mans though it got me to Crawley with the bonus of a NIP on the way down. The grin? Superb service from the AA. I know they often get a bad press but they could not have been better. Called them out (from the comfort of my brothers sitting room) and they sent a man with a van who declared it dead and organised a recovery truck. That arrived, and I overheard a phone conversation between the driver and the AA operator, saying despite my membership not covering hire cars, as I was so far from home they would supply one. I got a brand new Hyundai Tucson with 12 miles on the clock from Enterprise for 3 days, whilst the Cobra made its way north. Regular emails kept me informed of progress and it arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon.

Top service from the AA

It's not really about service, though. It's about cost. If you're far away from home, it's often cheaper to hire you a car and let you get home today and take your car back at their leisure rather than get you and your car taken all the way home in one hit.

Well following on from the grump of the ST having the engine management light come on we took it to the main dealers today who plugged it and said it was the EGR valve.

A grin? Yes because this main dealers (Coopers of Oulton) is amazing! The cost was exactly £0. They rang Mrs Shrimp said come down with me and they'll show me where the valve is and that a good clean should be enough.

When there much excitement and staring at the Mk2 Fiesta and pictures of the bloke that runs the workshops mk3 SI.

They are the complete opposite of what everyone says the main dealers is like. As it was free, yet again, we took them a big box of beer to share.